Photoshop CS3 Where to Start

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by caminowebmaster, Jun 3, 2007.

1. caminowebmaster

caminowebmaster TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Hi,

I'm not a photographer, I use photos on web pages and have just bought Photoshop CS3 and I have no idea where to start.

I could do with some advice on books or tutorials from somewhere. I really just want to make photos clearer and generally lighter.

Thanks.

2. JIP

JIP No longer a newbie, moving up!

Wow! you bought CS3 to make photos "clearer and lighter" seems like alot of money for just those things. Seriously though just do a Google search for photoshop tutorials and you should find what you need. I did and I came up with this one http://www.photoshopsupport.com/tutorials/cs3-photoshop-10.html and a bunch more.

3. caminowebmaster

caminowebmaster TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I didn't go out just to buy CS3 but was buying dreamweaver so bought the package as I'm still a student and buying all together is fairly cheap €370.

Thanks for the link.

4. Digital Matt

Digital Matt alter ego: Analog Matt

Photos NOT OK to edit
    If you are a student, perhaps a web design or graphic design student, surely you must have had, or will have, a class on how to use photoshop.

Google will find thousands of tutorials. A tutorial for any version of photoshop should work with CS3. If you go to your library, you'll probably find a photoshop cs2 book, which will also help.