Photoshop CS3

Discussion in 'Graphics Programs and Photo Gallery' started by pmburden, Jan 14, 2007.

1. pmburden

pmburden TPF Noob!

Has anyone tried the new beta version of photoshop yet?

2. Sw1tchFX

Sw1tchFX TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    i was unaware that it existed.

3. fmw

fmw No longer a newbie, moving up!

Yes. It works fine. I don't use 80% of the capabilities of CS2 so I don't use them in CS3 either. The major benefit for me seems to be more options for processing RAW files without converting. I'm so used to doing them in CS2, I just do them the same way in CS3.

4. niccig

niccig TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    There is one annoying thing with PS CS3 that I've discovered so far. I use the image processor to batch resize images for web posting, and the image processor in PS CS3 Mac brings focus to the open file instead of running the process in the background- which means you can do nothing else until it's done.

5. dc502

dc502 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    CS3 is still in the beta stages and is not worth messing with if your doing serious image editing. But it is universal and does look a whole lot better for the mac. I have never seen the pc version. The menus in the mac version look very nice. They actually made ps better. Good job adobe.

6. fmw

fmw No longer a newbie, moving up!

I have discovered one thing I don't like about it. Perhaps I just don't know how to handle it and the beta has no help. In CS2, when I open a RAW file, there is a button entitled "open" in the RAW screen that allows me to bring the RAW file into CS2 for editing. CS3 has more editing features in the RAW screen but no way to bring the file into the main screen for editing. I quit using the beta because of this. Perhaps there is a way to do it but I can't figure it out. If the final CS3 works this way, I don't want it. I don't want to have to save out the RAW file into another format only to retrieve it for editing. It is a deal breaker for me.

7. theusher

theusher TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    It works, but a major bug exists. The cursor doesn't show brush size, at least on Mac. It's nice and fast though as Intel native.