Photoshop CS4

$700 is way too painful however cool it is.

I'll be holding off a long time before I upgrade my Creative Suite 3, @599 for the suite upgrade I can think of a lot more things to spend that on first...way too expensive IMO.

The content aware resizing looks amazing, but apparently doesn't work for a lot of shots. I'll definitely give CS4 a try to decide if i'll buy it or not.

Was looking at their site last night - looks like I may be able to do this through an educational licence route, still got to work through it in more detail though. Saves some 80% if I qualify.

The leap forward from CS2 to CS3 was very minor for the limited editing I usually do. Hence I see no reason for myself to upgrade further.

As I'm currently using PSE5 here, I'd like to move to the full version of PS, mainly because I hate PSE's approach to B+W conversions. I don't feel like I have anywhere near the control over it I'd like.

OK, I would probably want to migrate too if I was on Elements still.

The leap forward from CS2 to CS3 was very minor for the limited editing I usually do. Hence I see no reason for myself to upgrade further.

Glad to see someone else has seen sense on here, the geek squad has togs worldwide by the digital short&curlies with "upgrades" that do little or nothing to improve the work, save yer dosh n buy decent lens, if you have PS 6 onwards learn how to use that properly, YOU DONT NEED ANYTHING ELSE!!! H

Well, keep in mind that he properly qualified his remark! He said "for the limited editing I usually do". The difference between CS2 and CS3 is massive indeed! Fantastically massive!

Exactly, why have a program which is capable of so much if all you do is levels, curves, saturation, vignetting and cloning a few blemishes before a final crop to print. I've seen questions here involving the most basic editing problems, (cropping, etc) only to note the inquiry is from someone using the latest software which they obviously don't need.

The "fantastically massive" differences between any version of PS are useless, unless you really know how to utilize the program and I doubt there is a member of this forum or other for that matter who can honestly state they are a PS expert who uses the program to its full potential on a daily basis. H

I will be buying it, because i get the student discount. I have CS2 right now, but would like to get CS4 just to have it, then no more upgrades for a while.

With regard to the graphics card capabilities, are we talking workstation opengl 2.0 or gaming opengl 2.0? That would be a really nice feature to have, but not if i have to upgrade my card and software.

Was looking at their site last night - looks like I may be able to do this through an educational licence route, still got to work through it in more detail though. Saves some 80% if I qualify.

You can buy retail versions of CS3 off ebay for around $350 now:thumbup:

You can buy retail versions of CS3 off ebay for around $350 now:thumbup:

But your 80% off is a better deal, a person can get great deals through educational channels.

Most reactions

Back