Photoshop CS5

Ray1955

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Before I begin to master this software LOL really......I am trying to build a frame or border and signature to place on all my photos does someone know how to do this? I would apprectiate it.

I use 2 ACTION scripts to do it. One for the stroke and one to put a graphic over the image. You can Google this and find plenty of tutorials.

There are probably many ways, but here's how I would do it....

Image > Canvas Size

"Check" the relative box.

If you want a specific sized border (2 inches for example), change the drop-down menu to "inches" and multiply your desired width by 2 (so 4 inches is what you would want) and enter that number in the horizontal and vertical boxes. If you want a percentage, just change the drop-down to percentage and enter it. Just remember, whatever you put there will be split between both sides, which is why you multiply by two.

Make sure the anchor is set for the middle tile.

Select what you want as the background on the bottom drop-down.

Click OK.

boy I must be stupid, didnt understand either of these so if I didnt understand the first one I couldnt google cause I wouldnt know what to google.
Action scripts graphic over the image? what does that really mean?.......you have a link maybe ?

I'm not sure how my walkthrough was confusing.... go to Image.... then Canvas size.... etc... I can't break it down anymore than that without going into the functions of a mouse. :)

Buckster, here is the thing, I created the borders in photoshop CS5 and it worked both ways.......now I can't create a signature in CS5 as your link shows as it is a link for ELEMENTS.....so how do I get my brush to CS5?

Buckster, here is the thing, I created the borders in photoshop CS5 and it worked both ways.......now I can't create a signature in CS5 as your link shows as it is a link for ELEMENTS.....so how do I get my brush to CS5?
Maybe this can help:

Last edited by a moderator:
Buckster, I was unable to send you what I have so far.....having trouble to get the signature shrunk ......supposed to be able to transform and free transform to reduce but the option is not available or visible.

KMH, well that was good however it was not the signature I took with my camera etc......but yes it is alot of what I see folks doing with their pictures.
Not sure how to get the C for copy right ......he says alt 0169 but I dont get the letter c with that.

KMH, well that was good however it was not the signature I took with my camera etc......but yes it is alot of what I see folks doing with their pictures.
Not sure how to get the C for copy right ......he says alt 0169 but I dont get the letter c with that.
Keep holding alt key down while pressing 0169, then let it up: ©

And you have to use the number keypad to type Alt 0169, not the numbers across the top of the keyboard.

I sign a piece of typing paper using a black Sharpie, and scan it into CS5. Then I can manipulate the signature in any number of ways.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back