Photoshop edits of my sister

Brienicole

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I know its been forever since ive been on but I got some good ones this week!

Here are some shots I got of my sissy this week.. the first will be the unedited raw image the second is obviously the PS image!

It was really fun.. we got some neat shots too.. of just random stuff!!
DSC_0126.jpg

this one i just did a basic blur to soften it
softshelby.jpg

DSC_0109.jpg

and with this one I wanted a soft but vintage look and yes I used actions. and i may want to go back and sharpen her eyes though
vintageshelby.jpg

DSC_0155.jpg

with this one I wanted to do something that really evoked emotion.. so i used a dragan action
bwshelby.jpg

and
DSC_0107.jpg

I love this because its totally her.. with the gothic glow action
Shelbyglow.jpg

the last two sets are easily the best, I like the high contrast in the black and white one (LOVE contrast!) and the balance in the last one works too.

1. First one looks too out of focus now..... I don't like the edit.

2. The eyes are the centrepeice of a portrait. They must remain sharp. I prefer the original.

3. Really like the coversion of this one though. Maybe the shadows are slightly too black but this is a nice one.

4. Once again the overuse of the blur tool has ruined the image for me. Makes her look out of focus.

When blurring images, use layer masks and mask out the areas that need to be sharp.

Hope this helps.

Regards
Jim

#3 and #4 are my favs.
I love the contrast of 3 and the vibratant saturdated colors in 4.

yeah I may go in and resharpen some things.. but I wanted blur in the last one..I just want to pop the color and show her true personality.. Ill put them back on when I get a chance.. im going to disney next weekend so im trying to prepare for that!

Most reactions

Back