Photoshop elements 6 vs 7?

Discussion in 'Photography Equipment & Products' started by wharvey86, Dec 15, 2008.

1. wharvey86

wharvey86 TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I am trying to figure out which version of photoshop elements that i want to purchase for my fiance for christmas. I am wondering what the difference between the two version is? Does it really pay to get 7 over 6? Would these new features be used by someone with limited photoshop experience?

2. wharvey86

wharvey86 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I was just doing some research online and also came across corel paint shop pro photo x2 ultimate and wanted to know if anyone has used this program and how they felt about it? Best buy right now has is for $50 and if it is comparable to photoshop elements 7 it would be almost $30 cheaper. Any thoughts?

3. Garbz

Garbz No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    This is a hard present because it depends on what exactly your finance does with his photos. My dad uses Photoshop Elements and loves it. I can't stand it. My process is much better suited to Photoshop Lightroom.

Is there any way you can have him try the software before you buy it? I know this ruins the surprise but it may potentially be a better option for him in the end.