Photoshop Elements 7.0 vs. Older version

~Stella~

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have 4.0 right now...I guess it's 2 or 3 years old. I know it pretty well. I saw that Costco had PSE 7.0 at only $49 if you use the $30 coupon they have out this month (original price $79).

Are the versions substantially different and is it worth upgrading or do they essentially repackage the same product with minor changes?

Thanks!

You can download a free trial version from Adobe's website and decide for yourself. I believe Adobe introduced 'Curves' with PSE7, which was not available in previous versions (someone correct me if I am wrong). At $49, I would upgrade for this function alone.

they have curves in V6, but you can only control 4 fixed points on the curve rather than being able to set your own. I don't know if they changed it for V7.
I do know that they added panorama stitching into V6. Honestly considering that your on V4 I think you will notice a difference and probably an improvment moving up to V7. For me on V6 there is just not enough difference to warrent the upgrade

Thank you both very much for your responses...sounds like some of the changes are fairly major, so I'll go ahead and get it.

Hello. I currently use Elements 4 and have about 20,000 photos in the organizer. While I am generally happy with the editing options, the organizer I feel is pretty slow. I have a year old HP dual core Windows computer which in most applications is pretty fast. But not the organizer in Elements.

Does anyone know if the organizer in Ver 7 is faster? Also, is Ver 7 capable of easily using the Elements 4 organizer database with all tags collections etc?

Also I'd be interested in answers to the same questions with respect to Adobe Lightroom.

Thanks

When I switched up from a prior version to 4.0 it kept all my tags and everything with it and just shifted everything into the new database for me. I assume another upgrade would be similar.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back