Photoshop Elements 7 or Lightroom 2?

I have CS3, Elements 7, and got a copy of Lightroom 2 last night, and I'm not a fan tbh.

I've always used Photoshop, and always will, it offers much more than the basics Lightroom offers. Apart from Lightroom's workflow, i can't see any other reason to have it.

I have CS3, Elements 7, and got a copy of Lightroom 2 last night, and I'm not a fan tbh.

I've always used Photoshop, and always will, it offers much more than the basics Lightroom offers. Apart from Lightroom's workflow, i can't see any other reason to have it.

agreed.
clear.gif

Sorry this is completely off-topic. What does this mean? Is it supposed to sound like the French words 'Crème de la crème'?;)

What it means is that some forum members split hairs, and that I can speak several languages, notably French is not one of them :p

Thanks. What are some of the other comparable programs (a real newbie here)? Corel Photo Shop seemed to be really good in comparisons, but any others?

Comparable to Photoshop? None. It's a a tool with such a wide variety of uses but for Photography work itself there are plenty. Paint Shop Pro is one, GIMP is a free program but lacks 16bit editing support, otherwise it's quite capable (and legitimately free).

Photoshop Elements 7. You can get it on ebay for less than $60.

I wouldn't recommend this. EVER. Buying software on ebay puts you at considerable risk of getting counterfiet software. Personally I think this is worse than actual Piracy because now someone is profiting from it. Your Milage May Vary.

Your Milage May Vary

My mileage did vary. :D

I see what you're saying, but as long as you purchase it from a carefully-selected seller, you'll be fine. Saying it is worse than piracy is quite the overstatement. I purchased a new, factory sealed item from a legal source. That hardly gives me an eye patch and a peg leg.

Arrrggghhhhh!

Jon

Most reactions

Back