Photoshop Elements 7

silverafstang

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
so i have photoshop elements 7 and i have no idea how to use it, i have owned it for about 6 months and have done nothing to any photos, does anyone here know of a website or maybe someone on here has posted something up on tips or tricks, please help me thanks again

My Elements 7 came with a book .... in addition, there's You'tube, plus there are MANY books on the program and how to use it.. Yours was kind of a generic question ... "How much is a car?" - if you want to do something specific with a photograph, let us know and we can help... but I'd suggest a little self help first - there's TONS of material out there on AE7 - it's a great program !!

well, the most important things that i want to know, is how to keep the object im on it extreme focus while the background is a thick blur, i would also love to know how to change an image to black and white but keep one object in color, ie...a woman walking down a street is all b&w but here dress is red

well, the most important things that i want to know, is how to keep the object im on it extreme focus while the background is a thick blur, i would also love to know how to change an image to black and white but keep one object in color, ie...a woman walking down a street is all b&w but here dress is red
Scott Kelby is the acknoledged best author for Photoshop How To books.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Photoshop-Elements-Digital-Photographers-Voices/dp/0321565959/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1242598591&sr=8-1"]Here's his book for PSE7[/ame].
Here is a forum for PSE users.

Learn how to use a search engine.

I've had my Elements 7 for about a month and haven't used it yet either.

Yesterday, I bought The MISSING MANUAL and I started reading it last night. There is some GREAT info there and I'm going to start playing with it tonight.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Photoshop-Elements-7-Missing-Manual/dp/0596521332"]Amazon.com: Photoshop Elements 7: The Missing Manual: Barbara Brundage: Books[/ame]

Maybe we can help eachother :D

Here's what I'd suggest... "Photoshop Elements 7 - Visual Quickstart Guide" By Jeff Carlson... it's about $29 on the shelf, and can probably be found for 1/2 that price on Amazon... Both of your suggestions can be done in Elements using layers.. However, the best way to accomplish your first one, getting a subject in focus with the background blurred, is by using the appropriate camera setting... BTW, you have a wonderful camera in that E410, and it certainly can accomplish what you want.. Others can help out better than me with the camera settings, but your OP was on Elements and I'd suggest this book.... TONS of color pictures will lead you by the hand with some really neat tricks with your photos...

Most reactions

Back