Photoshop first aid (I will edit your photo free.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

UUilliam

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Simply post your photo, I will edit it and tell you what I done to it.

Just a bit bored over summer so meh why not fit in some practice,
Everyone is welcome.

Hi there!

I've just posted my first pics in the beginners forum - would love it if you would take a look.

How about this one, been trying to do some stuff myself and cant really find anything I like or that makes it really stand out. I just really like the picture.

IMG_1418.jpg

44658767.jpg

I used levels and fixed the histogram so that the histogram was correctly exposed

I then created a new layer and applied the image and used patch tool to remove blemishes / wrinkles.

I then dodges (brightened) the teeth a little and got rid of the light in the eyes.

65276620.jpg

pretty much done the exact same to this.

16477491.jpg

used levels to brighten the image overall, i then used the exposure adjustment and masked it so that it only affected the woman (your mother?)
(a mask is like the "eraser tool" only non-destructive.)
I then created a new layer and applied image.

I removed wrinkles to give her a younger complexion.

97292087.jpg

there wasn't really much in the imageto go wrong.

however, I used levels to fix the exposure and make the water look cleaner and show more of the sea lion

I then removed the big bit of saliva from his face.

I also cropped it to fit in with rule of thirds.

that was about all.

UUlliam

It may be my screen, but the skin tone here is off. I know you are working off of the photos here, but....
44658767.jpg

hat photo was darker than the others
39203282.jpg

re try

m nt able to send u mah photo...can yuh tell me howz it possible??

You're retouching an effing sea lion and two women who look like zombies in one picture (no offense to them- somehow that just happened).

William, I understand you're bored but you're doing yourself a disservice. The appropriate response is "I'm a photographer, not a magician."

You're retouching an effing sea lion and two women who look like zombies in one picture (no offense to them- somehow that just happened).

William, I understand you're bored but you're doing yourself a disservice. The appropriate response is "I'm a photographer, not a magician."

kinda with ya.

been away a short while, back now will fix up the skater photo now :)

Alpha, I appreciate your comment, but everything is worth a go +
I don't consider myself a photographer, I am a graphic artist who uses photographs and photography to aid my design process ;)

I do prefer the process of photography to the graphic design process but I only got into photography via graphic design.

The harder the photo is to fix up, the harder I need to try meaning the better I will get, theoretically speaking.

editms.jpg

I was finding it hard to "improve" your image
so just put a little bit of a manipulation onto it
The only thing off was that the image wasnt straight (only slightly off.)

What I did -

Straightened image
I then used adobe cs5 Content aware fill to fill in the missing areas (after rotating canvas) and touched up the fill to make it seamless

Created fire using pen tool, blending modes (inner glow = orange outer glow = red)
smudging the line to create a fire effect, duplicate layer, smudge the new layer to create more fire, repeat about 5 times.

Created a new layer and filled with a neutral grey (#777777) and set to softligh then used the burn tool over the leg to give a little definition between the leg and the sky

Create a "lomo" effect by using gradient maps to "wash out" the colour and reduced the contrast
and finished the lomo effect by adding a vignette

added the text just to give a feeling of depth.

edi.jpg

- Fixed levels (wasn't much wrong, just slight colour cast.)
- Added a motion blur to add motion to the image and also to remove distractions such as the person with the Camera phone and it also helps the biker "pop" out the image.
- Made the selection around the biker using a Layer mask.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back