Photoshop first aid (I will edit your photo free.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
4798505746_1c518fd04a_b.jpg

UUilliam. Just some friendly advice. You never want to remove all the highlights from the subjects eyes. They are a spherical, wet surface and will reflect a specular highlight if they are being lit. It looks rather disturbing if they are missing and what are known as "dead eyes" in the industry. Open up a magazine that features a lot of portraits, such as a beauty magazine. I dare you to find one photo where the highlights in the eyes are not present, unless the lighting is very top heavy and moody, with the sockets themselves deep in shadow (think Brando in Godfather).

Conversely, two or more specular highlights in the eyes can often make the person look ditsy. It is an old school rule to avoid 2 highlights but it is being broken more and more, and it can look good at times.

The Earth only has one sun. Our brains have been evolving for a few billion years and we are literally programed to see one light source as normal. One light source will create one highlight in an eyeball. Zero highlights or two + highlights need to be realistically motivated otherwise we sense something is inherently wrong.

The edited photo of the ladies looks creepy. Eyes are too clean and the skin tone is WAY off. Just sayin'.

Hi there,

Our 7 year anniversary is coming up and I wanted to print a nice big picture for it. I've attached a few and hope you can Photoshop it.
july2008520.jpg

Thank you :mrgreen:

i need your help for this sir ;)

i dont know how to use photoshop..and i really dont know what can i do to make this photo more improved or spectacular, i really need your help on this.. thanks

4860474772_c7e71abb80_z.jpg

4827347724_4df5862f8c_z.jpg

4865403668_f64611a705_z.jpg

Sorry William but I disagree with your fixes. Getting rid of the catchlights leaves people looking like zombies. If anything, I typically enhance the catchlights in my shots. The more egregious problem is the glare on her forehead.

Simply post your photo, I will edit it and tell you what I done to it.

Just a bit bored over summer so meh why not fit in some practice,
Everyone is welcome.

Okay, here's a photo which I have edited, I'll show you both the unedited and my edited. I'm having problems with the water. I would love to see what you come up with. Thanks

okay, I seem to be having problems with posting a picture on your thread. Clearly I'm challenged. LOL

Well it's a thread that died well over a year ago, until Darkshot dug it back up earlier today rather than just starting a new thread a more appropriate forum section.

Maybe try photobucket? Well I found this VIA a google search for people who edit pics. So I joined the forum for this reason.

Well it's a thread that died well over a year ago, until Darkshot dug it back up earlier today rather than just starting a new thread a more appropriate forum section.
Well, if he tried starting a new thread, some smart ass would tell him to go search and see all the threads about the aforementioned topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back