Photoshop for Extreme Conditions

elsaspet

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.visionsinwhite.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This also works for replacing heads, fixing closed eyes, and giving yourself room for a major liquify:

Here is the original photo. I've cropped in super tight to get rid of distractions:
redo1.gif

2. The first step is to use a photo (in this case the original is fine) and select a part that is close to the part you want to fix. I started with his good eye. After I selected the part, I made a copy of it, and then pasted it right back into the photo:
redo2.gif

3. If the part you just copied is turned the wrong way, as it is here, go to Edit-Transform-Flip Vertical. This will make the part go the right direction.
redo3.gif

Move into position. DO NOT FLATTEN.
redo4.gif

5. Now, you have the new eye on a new layer. Erase the areas around the new part, and the item will look pretty much like it was always there.
(Note, on this photo, I needed additional work because I couldn't erase around the bandages.)
redo5.gif

6. To match the area to the other side of his face, along with getting rid of the bandage above his eye, I used a low opacity clone tool, and healing brush to get rid of the evidence.
redo6.gif

7. I could have kept it there, but I went to Filter-Liquify, and smurfed up the new eye a bit so that it wasn't exactly the same as the eye we stole from.
redo7.gif

8. I then did all the above to make a new ear.
redo8.gif

9. I repeated with the cheek and neck
redo9.gif

10.I did some cloning to get rid of the rest of the bandages.
redo10.gif

11. The collar area bothered me, so I cloned in a new one. While I was at it, I added a little bit of shadows.
redo11.gif

12. And then, I just prettied it up a bit.
redo12.gif

Before:
redo1.gif

After:
redo12.gif

Hope this tutorial has been useful!

I'll do pretty much the same but instead of the square patch and erase what you dont want, do an eliptical marquee round an eye ect, I usually do it on the eyebrow and the bag under the eye, then go select feather, radius 5 pixels, then onto blending. H

That works too Harry, however, on some shots, like the one above, it didn't give me quite enough room to do the blending I wanted.
But you are absolutely right. In most cased the eliptical works great.

Most reactions

Back