photoshop fun

I think it's a great concept.

However, I am one of those people you mentioned ^^ waaay up there that usually just says something *simple* like nice shot, or I like it ... or some other comment that you said you wouldn't make on another post because you'd rather say nothing than say 'nice shot'. I would think that taking digs at members would not be the way to get responses or a way to become involved in the community.

It's a great community if you'll get to know people. Like any other place, whether public or web ... it takes time to get to know people and often, you have to be the one to step out and say "Hi, I'm relatively new here ... I've been shooting for X years and this is some of my work ..."

You'd be amazed at the support you'll get.

I, too, am late in seeing this thread.

I agree with JM, the hour was late, and it was painfully slow all day yesteray.

Your pic. First of all, your girlfriend is cute, and reminds me of someone from my past, but I can't put my finger on who...but it seems to be a fond memory, so it's all good.

I really like your pic of the two of you, and I really like your PS work. I also admire that you saw something you liked (your teachers work) and you went home and tried to figure out how to do it. I truly admire that, and think you did a great job. I do that all the time too, and I think that that is the best way to learn. I see shots on the Forum and I try to immitate them in an effort to learn how they did it.

As far as the popularity thing, I would suggest that you give it time. When I first got here, I was a little put off by what appeared to be cliqueish groups responding to certain people, but as I've gotten to know people and build what I hope is a good reputation for myself, I've realized that it's not a popularity thing, it's a prolific thing. That is, JonMikal (sorry to bring you into this JM) posts a lot of pics, so does Verbal and Mansi and Woodsac and others. Through their pictures, their comments, their responses, their PMs, and their chatting in the Off-Topics, we've all gotten to know them as people, not just posters of great pics. As such, they become "popular." BUT, having been in your shoes not so long ago, I can tell you that there is no arrogance that comes along with the "popular" crowd we all remember it in highschool (for those of us old enough to be able to look back with an objective eye). Bar none, everyone that you might consider to be "popular" are very friendly and open. They are very welcoming and willing to give comments.

I am surprised how warm and welcoming this Forum is, and I would gently remind you that no one showed up here, posted a few pics, and immediately had a following...everyone worked for the reputations they have here. Be patient, and it will come to you as well.

This issue has popped up several times in the past, and I would encourage you to stick around...get to know people, show us your talents, and you will find that very quickly the next set of newbies will be putting your name in where you have put JonK and JonMikal.

i couldn't have put it better than verbal, jm, anicole and jocose.

as for the pic...i like the portraiit in and of itself, good lighting and nice and sharp (could use a bit more sharpening tho IMO) and the tilt of the head makes it. Also it needs a bit of a levels adjustment...bit on the dark side; I pulled it into PS and there is room to pull the white point in if you know what i mean.
The photoshop part is not to my liking tho...I prefer to let these things stand on their own merit without so much gussyin' up in PS. That's totally just my opinion tho and I do think that you made a good attempt at what you were trying to achieve so keep at it...it all helps on that long learning curve in PS.

Oh...and to be mentioned in the same breath as jm :mrgreen: you made my day man :lol: :D
cheers

jonk...of course you should be mentioned with jm...and the others...

and i too missed this shot, and it wasnt intentional... i love the reflection, and think thats a great idea...and i am also impressed with the fact you taught yourself how to do this...that is admirable..

let me share also, welcome... no slight intended.....

as others have said, in other threads that brought this subject up, i try to get around to most of the shots, but the forum has grown so much, its hard to have time to see everything.... and i never dislike someone right off the bat... so please understand, there is no ill will intended..and as far as i am concerned, the more the merrier... if you wanna hang with me, i would love it... i dont feel you can ever have too many friendly faces around you...
i am not a pro at this, but my friends are... everyone on here is very open, just write them and ask a question... i have never been turned down info or advice...

please keep posting...and understand, sometimes we all miss something, and it can be all the same day, that we miss stuff...and we are all on different time zones, so that accounts for a bunch of it...

thanks everyone, i apologize again, after a nite sleep it really shows how stupid i was getting and my maddness took control. i will keep posting and trying to get to know you all better... thank you very much!

wclement7 said:
thanks everyone, i apologize again, after a nite sleep it really shows how stupid i was getting and my maddness took control. i will keep posting and trying to get to know you all better... thank you very much!

No worries, dude. As I said, if you felt this way and I did when I got here also, then I'm sure many have...just not too many express it ;)

It's all good, and yes, please keep posting...comments, pics, and get into the off-topics...that's really where you can get to know many of the regulars.

Most reactions

Back