Photoshop help

VaE39

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have photoshop 7.0 and I'm just getting used to it. When I open up the pictures on a regular picture viewer on my computer, it looks sharp and the color is vivid. When I open up the same picture in Photoshop, the picture is dull and looks slightly fuzzy. Is this normal? Any help?

Hmmm... I might know that problem but could use a little more info. First are you shooting RAW or JPEG?

I think because photoshop it's zooming out to 33.33% so that picture fits in :). Try zooming in to 100% (or 50%, or 25% or 12.5%, etc) or to a number not ending in .33% .. its something to the algorithm that is why its somewhat fuzzy :)..

Let me know if it works :)

Check your colour space... switch from Adobe RGB to sRGB. to do this go to the Edit menu and choose Assign Profile, choose sRGB.

it does depend on the photo veiwer you are using. I've found the windows veiwer tends to optimize images for brightness and sharpness. Where as photoshop will show you the unadulterated image.

Classic case of windows doing stuff you dont know about ...again

hope that helps

it does depend on the photo veiwer you are using. I've found the windows veiwer tends to optimize images for brightness and sharpness. Where as photoshop will show you the unadulterated image.

Classic case of windows doing stuff you dont know about ...again

hope that helps

I might contradict you here... never noticed the difference... its only the "RESIZING" Algorithm which is used to show you the whole image but zoomed out... Because if it will have to show a 3000 by 2000px picture in full size.. you will need a couple more of monitors to see :lol:

@Arch
I don't think that the color space make the picture fuzzy :|... i mean it only changes the colors it will not modify the picture beside the colors it contains...

I think because photoshop it's zooming out to 33.33% so that picture fits in :). Try zooming in to 100% (or 50%, or 25% or 12.5%, etc) or to a number not ending in .33% .. its something to the algorithm that is why its somewhat fuzzy :)..

Let me know if it works :)

This is true. Always zoom in quarter values in photoshop if you can for clearer images.

*Not sure if the rule applies to Ps7, Im using CS3.

Hmm first the pictures are in JPEG and it is in sRGB. I tried the zoom thing and it doesn't really change it. When I open the picture, its really the color thats lacking. Its only slightly fuzzy but its mainly dull in color.

on the camera, on windows picture viewer, and on flickr, they're great. I open it in Photoshop its dull. Then if I crop something and add a border and save it, when I view it again on the picture viewer its dull... if that makes sense

if you copy a well exposed picture from the web, paste it into a new document in PS, how does it look?

(right click and copy picture)
(In PS, ctrl N to make new picture, Crt V to paste)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back