Photoshop Issues. Help please!

sambrody44

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have a bunch of pictures that Photoshop wont convert from .CR2 to .jpeg. But it will convert other .CR2 to .jpeg. Does this happen to anyone else? What do I do??

Yeah, but for some of my images I don't have nearly as many options as others, including JPEG...

Are you saving them in Camera Raw or opening them in Photoshop and saving them from there? I've never had this problem, but I always convert my CR2 files to DNG format when I upload.

Are you saving them in Camera Raw or opening them in Photoshop and saving them from there? I've never had this problem, but I always convert my CR2 files to DNG format when I upload.

I'm using Camera Raw first and then opening them into photoshop, I then try to save as through Photoshop.

I don't know if it matters, but I took this pictures before I had photoshop, and processed them with Canon Digital Photo Pro, but I still have the original .CR2 file so I'm not sure why I can't convert them trough photoshop...

I can't get any photo to convert now. Help please!!!!!

Check to see if the images that are not working are set to 16 bit mode because it won't let you save jpeg's in 16 bit along with other options. image>mode>8bit is what you want.

You could just save them as TIFF. then if you had a need to convert it to jpeg, you could try. I sometimes have the same problem you are having. but then it fixes itself eventually. Try quitting Photoshop and then re-open it.

Check to see if the images that are not working are set to 16 bit mode because it won't let you save jpeg's in 16 bit along with other options. image>mode>8bit is what you want.

This is what it turned out to be!

Thanks to everyone for your suggestions. Very helpful, I was freaking out for a little bit there.

As for the modes. How do I make the default 8bit so I don't have to constantly change it?

This is what it turned out to be!

Thanks to everyone for your suggestions. Very helpful, I was freaking out for a little bit there.

As for the modes. How do I make the default 8bit so I don't have to constantly change it?

I couldn't find a place to set a default, I looked in the photoshop prefrences and the camera raw prefrences, but I'm not sure if that's even possible or if I just couldn't find it. I don't use camera raw I use lightroom and the default is set in the export settings of that program not photoshop itself. I'm not sure if you use a program to catalog your photos but if you do check that.

Most reactions

Back