photoshop photography

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would disagree there. Both shots look like they were processed in photoshop.

I stated that already. However, Explain how both shots are abundantly "processed in photoshop." There is nothing added in the first picture. It had some saturation values changed, and that's it. It was taken with a 12-24mm Tokina wide angle lens.

It's amazing, some of you can't even tell a chopped image from a non-chopped one.

Last edited:
I stated that already. However, Explain how both shots are abundantly "processed in photoshop." There is nothing added in the first picture. It had some saturation values changed, and that's it. It was taken with a 12-24mm Tokina wide angle lens.

It's amazing, some of you can't even tell a chopped image from a non-chopped one.

I doubt saturation is the only thing that was done in the first shot. What exactly was done I dont know.

I dont use photoshop all that much. Saturation boost, levels, curves and unsharp mask B&W conversion is about all I do with it. Maybe clone out something here or there but that is about it. I focus my effort in capturing the image photographically not making my image after I take the shot. There are people that I have talked with that spend hours creating different layers and editing and merging and doing untold numbers of things to their images. Are those images nice absolutely no doubt about but Its not my idea of photography.

I doubt saturation is the only thing that was done in the first shot. What exactly was done I dont know.

I dont use photoshop all that much. Saturation boost, levels, curves and unsharp mask B&W conversion is about all I do with it. Maybe clone out something here or there but that is about it. I focus my effort in capturing the image photographically not making my image after I take the shot. There are people that I have talked with that spend hours creating different layers and editing and merging and doing untold numbers of things to their images. Are those images nice absolutely no doubt about but Its not my idea of photography.

Actually, all that was done to that image was a saturation value change. How do I know that? Because the photographer is a good friend of mine. Once again, you guys wouldn't know a chopped image from a non-chopped if it popped you upside the head.

I KNEW you were going to give a reply like this. The only OTHER thing added is the border. It was taken with a Nikon D50, and a 12-24mm Tokina Wide Angle Lens.

Annie Leibowitz anyone???

BUZZ, Wrong. Annie Leibowitz has done several shoots for the cover of Vogue Magazine, in which have all been post processed for print. Nice try though.

Once again, a credible photographer using photoshop.

Last edited:
If you show me a list of some that have gotten loaded off of what they do, and didn't use photoshop, their credibility as a photographer is undeniable.

I believe Annie goat "loaded" and didn't use photoshop. I'm just stating what you were looking for.

I believe Annie goat "loaded" and didn't use photoshop. I'm just stating what you were looking for.

She got loaded before photoshop existed. BUT, she uses photoshop now, which strongly validates my point. I told them to find me a source that doesn't currently use it. Annie currently uses it. Case closed.

You can twist my words as you please, I really don't care. We all know what I am asking for proof of. None of you have yet to show me proof of a photographer who currently makes a substantial living from photography, and doesn't use photo editing software.

Im not twisting words to look right. I'm just stating many seasoned professionals earned their chops before photoshop. Am I denying that some may use photoshop now, no. I think your argument is more with photo editing. Every photographer will edit their photo, regardless if they use photoshop or darkroom techniques.

This thread is just awful...

There is simply no point in even argueing the subject.

Once again, you guys wouldn't know a chopped image from a non-chopped if it popped you upside the head.

Well if we are playing top trumpts, iv been using PS for 14 years, can tell both have been PS'd and personally much prefer the one without the flare.

Seriously, this is not a good way to go... please keep ego's in check.

thread locked for being uninformative and quite boring. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back