Photoshop Plugs

magkelly

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I've always been an Extensis/OnOne fan practically since I first started using Photoshop, but I got a chance to demo the Topaz filters the other day I must admit I am pretty impressed. Is anyone else here using, one, the other, or both? The Topaz is looking interesting in terms of the photo tools and special effects thing.

Any opinions?

Just curious as to what your experiences might be in regards to actually using these. Playing with them is one thing, but for practical usage I am wondering which one you think is better? Might have to get one or the other when I do get to having a real portrait studio. Just not quite sure yet which suite I should put on the "to buy" list.

I too think the Topaz are pretty neat. I got a bundle package one time when it was discounted. I have not put them to any real use yet. My initial impression is good, I just need to play with it more. For the price, you get a lot of great stuff, I just have not found the practical every day uses (yet, as I said I need to use it more and discover what can be done).

I have had my eye on Nik Silver Efex and ColorEfex. WOW! Those seem to have more uses to me, especially for people photos, but they are very expensive so I only had a short time with them during the trial period.

hey nice information. actually i dont know about Topaz filter but after read this post i fine out that is very nice and easy and i think it is better then photoshop.

i h ave the topaz bundle and use a wide variety of the programs. I also have the OnOne package and Nik as well.
For black and white Silver Efex Pro is the leader on my computer. Topaz as an addition to Photoshop, love their noise program.

IMHO , there isn't one "perfect" pieces of software. The top programs have strengths and weakness. Download the trial and test it out for yourself.

I too think the Topaz are pretty neat. I got a bundle package one time when it was discounted. I have not put them to any real use yet. My initial impression is good, I just need to play with it more. For the price, you get a lot of great stuff, I just have not found the practical every day uses (yet, as I said I need to use it more and discover what can be done).

I have had my eye on Nik Silver Efex and ColorEfex. WOW! Those seem to have more uses to me, especially for people photos, but they are very expensive so I only had a short time with them during the trial period.

These are what I have been working with, I actually have the "LR Collection".

NIK has daily free webinars that you can attend for the next few weeks. You can get a better idea of the process and extent of what the software does. I have sat through most of them, there is a lot one can pick up listening to a webinar. ;)

Here is a link to the webinar schedule:
Nik Software, Inc. | Learn More

Most reactions

Back