Photoshop Question Blending

biancarose

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.shadylittleroad.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have a question regarding photoshop. I have a picture of a person against a white backdrop,
and I want to blend that picture with another picture of a city line. How can I do that without the
white background altering the city line?
Thank you!!

There are different ways to go about it, but my advice would be to place the image with the person above the city skyline as a new layer. (Just drag and drop it over). Now you can use a layer mask to 'mask off' the white background of the top layer, letting the city on the back layer to show though.

There are many methods for making selections and adding to (or subtracting from) the layer mask.

Give me the pictures and I'll throw up some versions!

layer the pic of the person on top of the city, and then delete around the figure using a soft eraser :)

i wouldn't use the eraser tool. it would be much better to use the layer mask as big mike suggested.

Indeed. Non-destructive editing FTW!

Well, I don't follow that all the time TBH, but that's mostly when I'm just quickly going along retouching a face with the clone tool and heal brush; I'm confident that I'll get it right the first time. :p

When all else fails . . . go to youtube and search what you're trying to figure out. I've found a lot of great info that way.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back