Photoshop TOP Secret?

itsanaddiction

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Has anyone heard of these DVDs? Are they any good? I've been reading about them online, but I'm not sure. Thanks

I've used a lot of training materials, and I think that the online walk-throughs are some of the best. If you can afford it, check out Lynda.

I think that the best way is to just spend some time going through photoshop yourself. That's what I did. It didn't take me long at all to get used to it, but its your call. I can give you some pointers if you want

I disagree. There are a lot of things in PS that seem quite simple to do, and may even produce somewhat acceptable results. Yet until you really master the program, it's almost always the case that there are much better and more efficient techniques that you probably wouldn't discover on your own. Especially when you get into more advanced work, particularly with masking in whatever form, there are a lot of techniques I've developed for my own use that I probably would never have come up with if I hadn't spent a lot of time learning other advanced techniques, which I in turn probably wouldn't have been able to teach myself very well.

Actually it's a bit of both. I took ptyler22's approach. I've been using photoshop for many years. Late last year I got one of these training videos given to me.

Yes most of it was second nature to me by now, but there are some parts of the video that just made me go ":shock: I've been doing that the hard way for about 5 years!!! @#$*&"

Thanks guys! And if anyone wants to mentor/train/give me tips I would appreciate it. I have had photoshop for 2 years now and still can't work it. I get frustrated. Thats why I thought the DVDs would help. I try to follow online tutorials but I never get the correct results.

Actually it's a bit of both. I took ptyler22's approach. I've been using photoshop for many years. Late last year I got one of these training videos given to me.

Yes most of it was second nature to me by now, but there are some parts of the video that just made me go ":shock: I've been doing that the hard way for about 5 years!!! @#$*&"

I agree, there are some things that you can learn while just playing around with the program, but I think it's near impossible to master photoshop on your own.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back