PhotoShop vs. Capture NX

Discussion in 'Photography Equipment & Products' started by Greatwhite, Oct 21, 2007.

1. Greatwhite

Greatwhite TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Hey Gang,

I currently use Nikon Picture Perfect for my RAW conversions, MS image Pro for Jpegs, but have never used Photoshop or Capture NX....

I was wondering, should I stick with what I have for software or buy PS or Capture?

Pros/cons?

I shoot RAW .nef files primarily....

THX for any thoughts!

2. Garbz

Garbz No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Photoshop? No. Photoshop is ludicrously overkill for processing photos in my opinion. Capture NX or Adobe Lightroom is a more sensible question. I used Capture and then migrated to Lightroom now because Capture was a useless memory hog for me. Slow, unrefined, and hard to use.

Download a trial of Lightroom from Adobe's site, and download a trial of Capture, and try and get as much out of them before the trial is over before you make your decision!

3. EOS_JD

EOS_JD TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    For RAW conversion, Lightroom is excellent. Very quick and easy to use. Photoshop is the king of processing software however and it really depends on how much editing you want to do.

I used to use Ps a lot. Now lightroom gets most use and Ps for the odd effect or designing templates.