Photoshop vs lightroom

About the only thing I use Photoshop for as far as photography is concerned is if I have group shots and there is not a single shot where everybody is smiling/looking/behaving... PS is great for swapping heads!

Here is a link to 100 videos (they are short) with two of the worlds top experts on Photoshop & Lightroom talking about how Lightroom 'Kicks Adobe Bridge's Ass'. Of course, Bridge isn't Photoshop....but part of the issue is that when you want to use Photoshop, you often start out by using Bridge, then process your raw files with Adobe Camera Raw, then finally move on to Photoshop.

Lightroom is much more of an all-in-one solution for your photographic workflow. But of course, it won't do everything that Photoshop can do.

100 Ways | KelbyOne

I'm not a professional or anything, but since I've been using LR 5, I don't even need to use PS anymore. It's something magical. I can find any photo I want with its accesibility. Really great.

I use Lightroom if I want to apply batch corrections to a whole load of images, but I still use Photoshop as my main editing software. I adore the usability of Camera Raw as part of my processing workflow - especially now that it can be used as a filter. I don't find Lightroom quite as flexible.

Personally I think Lightroom is better

This is like saying a pair of pliers is better than a wrench
They are different tools that function best in different usages but have some areas where the possible usages overlap and many areas where they don't.

Personally I think Lightroom is better

This is like saying a pair of pliers is better than a wrench
They are different tools that function best in different usages but have some areas where the possible usages overlap and many areas where they don't.

excellent way of explaining it-especially to a guy like me who uses knuckle busters all night long at work!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back