Photoshop wrinkles out of background

socal82

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I tried to get the wrinkles out of my gray bed sheet but didn't get all of them. Is there any way in photo shop to get them out? The bed sheet is gray.

Without you posting the photo in question it's going to be impossible for anyone here to say what the best way to do it is. Or if it even needs to be done at all.

here is one of the test shots. to the right you can see it. theres more that are worse but computer is acting up.

IMG_7461_zps3b1f1929.jpg

Which of the 27 versions of Photoshop do you have? (Photoshop Elements - 10 versions, Photoshop and Photoshop CS - 13 versions, Lightroom - 4 versions = 27 versions of Photoshop.)

If your version of Photoshop has it, use the Spot Healing Brush and turn on Content-Aware. If you don't have Content-Aware as a tool option, use Proximity match
You could also use the Clone Stamp tool, but would have to keep re-selecting the clone source..

I used the color range tool in CS4 to select the gray and then the magic wand tool to deselect the areas that was selected on her and then used gaussian blur to blur the gray. Also brought up the exposure a bit...

wrinkles_zpsc23e5111.jpg

I used the color range tool in CS4 to select the gray and then the magic wand tool to deselect the areas that was selected on her and then used gaussian blur to blur the gray.
That posterized the background into bands and clipped her hair so that it looks like she was pasted onto it. I'd say that's not really a very good solution.

I tried a different approach.

I cut her out of the original gray background with Topaz Remask 3, which better preserved her hair. Then I placed her on a flat gray background sampled from the background of the original image near her head to best blend the hair back in. I then ran her through Portrait Professional for a bit of skin, lighting and facial contour enhancement. I adjusted levels to brighten the image without clipping. Lastly, I applied a bit of sharpening to the image.

IMG_7461_zps3b1f1929_Enhanced_by_Buck.jpg

Last edited:
Isn't anyone going to fix the highlights on her lip?

Thanks guys for the edits, they both look really good. Now the steps in cs4 the same for cs6?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back