Photoshop ??

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by rlcphotos, Jul 27, 2008.

1. rlcphotos

rlcphotos TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I am looking at Photoshop Elements 6, any one here ever used it? is it worth the money?

2. maulrat

maulrat TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I hate elements. Get there real deal. I think elements lacks valuable tools. I tired to use PS elements at work and I was going nuts trying to just add in a copied layer mask. I found out that it wasn't possible.

Best thing is to find an older copy of PS online; like ebay or craigslist. If you can find a version of cs2 or cs your be happy with the software and the money you would save. BTW, how much is elements 6 going for?

3. Jon_Are

Jon_Are TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Bah. Elements is awesome, especially considering how (relatively) cheap it is. It'll do much more than you'll ever need, unless you're a pro. Photoshop is a waste of money for the vast majority.

You can get Elements 5, which is what I use, for probably $30 to $35 on ebay. Try it; if you don't like it, turn around and sell it for likely what you paid.

Just my opinion.

Jon

4. Sandspur

Sandspur TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Elements 6 is fine for 95% of serious (and, I suppose, not so serious) photographers.

Less than $100. It's certainly worth the price.

Okay, so it doesn't copy a Layer Mask. For most people - including me, and I teach this stuff! - that's not a problem.

Please check my tutorial (It's built using Elements 4/5, but the basic steps are the same in 6). http://www.jimsdigitaldiary.com/photoshop.html

The secret to using Elements effectively is in learning NOT to use all those tempting AUTOMATIC features.

Here's a clue ... they're ALMOST ALWAYS WRONG!