photoshop

Treat others as you would have them treat you. I don't want people stealing my work.

Do you mind if I download all of your images from flikr, sell them as my own and keep the money?

I cannot believe that someone would actually ask this question.

Do you mind if I download all of your images from flikr, sell them as my own and keep the money?

i don't really see how that's the same... seeing as my pictures are taken by one person (me obviously), not developed by hundreds of people who work for an extremely large software corporation. plus, i said nothing of selling copies of photoshop to people, so i don't see how you selling my pictures would be relevant really.

and i wasn't trying to "offend" anyone or whatever you want to call it, i'm just curious to see what people have to say seeing as photoshop is an expensive program, and is the most pirated program on the internet, and can probably be done relatively easily

Last edited:
although I find it to be pretty ridiculous for kids, and people who intend on using it for personal use to pay the full price, I do feel that anyone who plans on using professionally should pay for it.

i don't really see how that's the same... seeing as my pictures are taken by one person (me obviously), not developed by hundreds of people who work for an extremely large software corporation. plus, i said nothing of selling copies of photoshop to people, so i don't see how you selling my pictures would be relevant really.

and i wasn't trying to "offend" anyone or whatever you want to call it, i'm just curious to see what people have to say seeing as photoshop is an expensive program, and is the most pirated program on the internet, and can probably be done relatively easily

1. Cameras are expensive too....Why not just steal one?
  2. You say Photoshop is the most pirated program on the internet. Does that make it right?
  3. If you know pirating is illegal and immoral, why would you consider it let alone "think out loud" in a forum of "friends" that share the same interests as you.
  4. GIMP is free
In another thread on this forum, someone asked about a rating system add on for members so we can see how reliable and truthful someone is. I think this missing feature would have burned you badly if it was available. But I will say, I personally would like to see an "ignore" feature so anyone on that list would not take up my screen's real estate at any point and would not even be seen. Yes, you would have made that list in my book.

1. Cameras are expensive too....Why not just steal one?
  2. You say Photoshop is the most pirated program on the internet. Does that make it right?
  3. If you know pirating is illegal and immoral, why would you consider it let alone "think out loud" in a forum of "friends" that share the same interests as you.
  4. GIMP is free
In another thread on this forum, someone asked about a rating system add on for members so we can see how reliable and truthful someone is. I think this missing feature would have burned you badly if it was available. But I will say, I personally would like to see an "ignore" feature so anyone on that list would not take up my screen's real estate at any point and would not even be seen. Yes, you would have made that list in my book.

1. i think pirating is a little different then walking into a store and stealing a camera. obviously they are both forms of stealing, but you can't download a camera off the internet

2. i never said it was right or wrong to download programs. and in terms of it being immoral, i think that's up to the person pirating it to decide if is or not

3. once again, i said i just wanted to see what people think of the topic. i never said "buying photoshop is stupid because it's so expensive, so you shouldn't do it under any circumstance." and i was under the impression a forum was somewhere to discuss a certain topic, even if it may be "wrong"

how would this affect me being "truthful" or "reliable" ? i'm not lying or giving out false information to anyone here.

and i don't pirate programs, all's i have is the trial of cs3. i use capture nx since it came with my camera. i do know people though who have pirated photoshop, and i know it is an easy thing to do if you really want to that bad

Last edited:
goodoneian
1. i think pirating is a little different then walking into a store and stealing a camera. obviously they are both forms of stealing, but you can't download a camera off the internet

You can download it into your pocket. Many people do. These two examples are indeed identical until such time as we change the laws.

2. i never said it was right or wrong to download programs. and in terms of it being immoral, i think that's up to the person pirating it to decide if is or not

Fortunately or unfortunately it's not up to the person. It's up to the law books. And it's up to the law enforcement agencies and/or damaged parties as to whether or not you're busted and prosecuted for it. It's NOT up to a murderer to decide whether or not murder is moral and it's not up to a pirate to determine the morality of piracy. Our laws are supposed to be formed to protect the individual - not the criminal and not the majority.

3. once again, i said i just wanted to see what people think of the topic. i never said "buying photoshop is stupid because it's so expensive, so you shouldn't do it under any circumstance." and i was under the impression a forum was somewhere to discuss a certain topic, even if it may be "wrong"

Yeah, but I can see why it's an unpopular question subject to challenge too. Essentially whether you're aware of it or not you just asked:

Are you a thief or not?
Should I be a thief or not?

So, yeah, that's going to be met with some aversion.

and i don't pirate programs,

I have. It doesn't make a spade not a spade.

all's i have is the trial of cs3. i know people who have pirated it and i know it is an easy thing to do if you really want to that bad..

If you can get an OLD version of PS for like $25 or something then the upgrade price is $150 from any version and the lic. is transferable. It's Adobe's way of being cool and making it easy not to pirate their goods. Alternatively there's Gimp, and CinePaint for free and there are apps like GraphicConverter for around $30 all of which do about the same or more than PhotoShop does.

Last edited:
Don't be a pirate, have a clear conscious and buy legal software and music.

Photoshop isn't that expensive, accept for the full version CS3 Extended. But you can buy the CS3 upgrade for $169. Or on Ebay you can genuinel retail CS3 for like $350. I bought a genuine OEM version for Photoshop elements 6 for $34 online.

In before locked thread lol.

Do what you think is right. That's the main goal. You shouldn't ask that question here or anywhere.

i guess this wasn't the wisest of threads to post, but i'm not going to apologize for it seeing as it was just meant as a topic of discussion. and i wasn't asking whether or not i should pay for a near $1000 program (referring to cs3 extended), since i am fully capable of making my own decisions. i guess in terms of me wanting to see what the general opinion was, i was successful

General Opinion: A thief can't be trusted. Someone trying to bend the rules so his illegal acts can be justified (even if its only in his mind) is still committing a crime. Use one of many alternatives and avoid the conflict. Do what you want, just don't advertise it (unless you get caught so we can all laugh).

Goodoneian,

It's a legitimate question, even though the act of doing what you suggest is illegal. In some respects it's a very stupid question also.

If you can afford it, then buy it. If you can't, then don't buy it.

(sigh)

Do what you think is right.

i gotta say, i dont agree with this advice, because then it makes it sujective.. some people honestly think its ok to steal... that doesnt mean it is....

I will offer some advice, from the viewpoint of someone whose father is a cop, a cop who recently worked a piracy case...

my dad was recently working a piracy case... there was a janitor for a software company who was going into the building at night to clean, and in the same time, he was burning copies of the softwares that the company was using, and creating... he was making one copy, going home and installing it on his computer, and that was it. after much search dad found out that he wasnt selling the software, he wasnt even sharing it with his friends, he was just making copies for himself... so dad sat down with the company, and said "heres how it is, he's just making one copy, he's not profiting from it, he's not even sharing it, what do you want us to do, you can press charges, and we can have him arrested for theft (thousands of dollars of theft) the company CEO said "if he's not selling it, we will just consider it advertising for us, because he's going to like the software (otherwise why would e steal it) and he's likely going to tell his friends about it, and they will go buy it."

case closed...

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back