Photoshop

Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
When I open a pic (jpeg or raw) I can use layers on the picture but sometimes when using a tool (crop for example) when I have selected the tool and move the cursor onto the pic, the cursor remains as a hand and I am unable to use the tool. ?????? any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

What version of PS? I have that once in a while with PS Elements 5 but not Photoshop 7.

When that occurs I generally wait a moment then select another tool...then go back and select crop again.

Works fine otherwise.

I think the inability to select or change the function of the tool might be because the tool is not compatible with the layer you happen to be working on, perhaps due to editing in 16-bit space...

Have you tried Layer>Merge visible as a way to see if it's due to an incompatibility with the layer you happen to be on, or have you tried working on another layer?

I'm not much of a Photoshop person....just a couple of ideas based on the same problem, which I have also experienced. A number of things are not possible in 16-bit mode, but are possible in 8-bit mode.

Photoshop is frustrating sometimes! But in the end its pretty cool.
Smile.gif

You might need to "rasterize" the layer first -- right click on the layer in the layers palette and select rasterize layer.

If that doesn't work, try merging all the visible layers and see if the tool becomes useable.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back