Photowalk 4/27

Please tell me you took that doll home and cleaned her up! lol. Oh man, such awesome captures though. I really enjoyed them all. I'm undecided on #1 though, on one side I like the slant, on the other, I'm thinking it might be better with less slant.

I wasn't gonna touch that doll... bad juju...
I actually almost didn't see it until I practically stepped on it. There were some really old-looking mason jars scattered around too.

Usually I don't slant (think it's overdone, especially with cars), but I wanted more of the road in the frame and didn't have a wide angle (only 50mm).

I love the comment someone made "looks like going from a fairytale dream into a nightmare." Makes me wish I posted them in that type of sequence.

Thanks so much for the comments everyone!

Anyway, you asked to see the bus, so here she is. The shot is pretty bad but w/e.
busshell2.jpg

Here's another holey area (actually, from the roofline right above that 'back door' opening)
bulletholes.jpg

Last edited:
holy crap. where in the hell do you live in Ohio that there'd be a bullet-holed bus corpse in the middle of the woods??? :pale:

I'm in the middle of Cleveland and Akron. There's strange stuff everywhere though, you just have to look for it. I found this off of a hiking trail near Route 80, climbed up over this hill to see what was there and found spookyworld..

I dig this stuff though - a while back I explored an abandoned mental hospital with some friends, place called "Danvers State Asylum" in Massachusetts if you're interested in taking a googlelook. They've since torn most of it down and built luxury apartments in its place. Man, I wish I could go back there with my Rebel and some lights..

Well, we were technically trespassing way back (I think it was year 2000, or 99) when we 'broke into' Danvers. We were respectful of the place though, one thing I believe in. There's an urban exploration maxim, goes something like 'leave only footprints, take only photographs' and I think that's important whether you're trespassing or not. Also, never go alone in case a floor were to cave in or something horrible..

@erose The holes were probably put there AFTER the vehicle was dumped. Just random kids shooting in the woods using it as aiming practice lol.

I LOVE that first photo. I never think to play with funky angles, I loved the way you played with the angles and lines in this one. Great!

-tim

Thanks Tim. I don't like to tilt the camera - it's one of those trendy moves (like vintage edits and vignette) that I tell myself to avoid but find myself doing often. Like I think I said before, I only did that to get more road in the frame without going full portrait. It wasn't a very interesting scene to begin with so I think it helped...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back