PhotShop Elements

Warhorse

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am anxiously awaiting delivery (tomorrow) of my new software.

Hopefully I will be able to put this to much better use than Gimp, which I downloaded and found to be to complicated for me to work with.

I have heard that "Elements" is more consumer friendly, and much easier to learn.

I use Elements 12 and LightRoom v6.5.1

Elements has 3 modes, a Quick, Guided and Expert mode. So simple things can be done in Quick mode quite easily. Guided takes you through steps to accomplish stuff. For the most control and options you'll be in Expert mode.

There's plenty of help on the internet and Adobe's own help section to get you going quickly.

I tried Gimp once before and it was complex for me too. But then I jumped to LightRoom and saw the similarities. Elements is a standalone image product whereas LightRoom is a workflow system (which I primarily use).

you'll like Elements but it's no the full blown PhotoShop package. But for me Elements does what it needs to do.

Unlike GIMP, Ps Elements has a Raw Converter - Camera Raw - A real bonus over GIMP.
Unfortunately, being consumer grade software PsE's version of Camera Raw has only about 1/2 of Camera Raw's features and functions.
Also unfortunately, Ps Elements is consumer grade software and like GIMP has no 16-bit depth editing capability beyond Camera Raw.

I've found it pretty user friendly. I trialed both LR and PSE and ended up buying PSE. This was right before Adobe went with the monthly membership package option so I'll stick with PSE until I hit a wall somewhere since I want to get my money's worth. I use it in conjunction with Topaz Labs plug ins which I love, especially Topaz DeNoise and Topaz Adjust. I found some great tutorials on Lynda.com and on Adobe's website.

A gimp outfit is easier to get into then the gimp image system more practical too

Elements 14 arrived! :boogie:

Now, I just have to learn to use it.

Thank you for tutorial links!

Most reactions

Back