PHYC

taylo168

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Things seem to have gotten off track over in the critique forum. I'm looking for everyone's opinions. What do you think?

phyc.jpg

hrrm. what i am guessing are boat masts seem to divide the picture up into too many panels for me. There seems to some sort of event going on but i can't tell what.

The colours are good, but I can't seem to gather what the subject of this picture is or what you are trying to accomplish - could you perhaps give a little background on this one?

cheers

If by more background information, It's a picture for the Port huron yacht club when all of the sail boats are leaving for the port huon to mackinac race. If by background, you mean more of the picture that I cropped, I can't help you, that's all the picture I have. Thanks for your imput though. :)

To me this photo's been too busy from when I first saw it over in the Critique Forum, and it is still too busy for me. There is no focus on anything in particular, spectators and masts are all the same (and far too many of every kind). You don't even see that the boats are boats.

The weather was obviously very nice, hence the nice blue sky, wonderful day for an event like this one, but this photo alone shows too little of the event. I know about it because you spoke about in the Critique Forum, too.

But the impression of something way too busy is staying with me, I'm afraid, when I look at this photo.

To me it just looks like a good snap shot, I agree with Lafoto it is just to busy and I don't know where to look. I would say changing your f stop to take out the background to just focus on the masts and maybe get a boat in the shot.

Just my 2 cents...

Most reactions

Back