Piano abstract. Seeking C&C.

thebeatles

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I like the lighting, patterns, and contrast. What do you not like about it? What would you do to improve this photo? Thanks in advance!
24698.jpg

Last edited:
not bad, but it needs more detail, kind of boring. Also I would get the front hammer things in focus rather than the ones further back.

Thanks for the advice Tulsa. Maybe I should try to use a larger aperture number next time to capture more detail.

I'm new to this thing so I'm not sure how hard or easy it would be, but I'd try to time one with one of the hammers in the air, shot wide open and focused on the suspended hammer.

I still like the pic as is though.

Great shot thebeatles I like it! I'm into the closeups. There's something about them that's more interesting sometimes than a broad landscape.

i like it its neat, i wish i knew what part of the piano that is though :lol:

I'm new to this thing so I'm not sure how hard or easy it would be, but I'd try to time one with one of the hammers in the air, shot wide open and focused on the suspended hammer.

I still like the pic as is though.

Great idea! I will have to try this. :thumbup:

Great shot thebeatles I like it! I'm into the closeups. There's something about them that's more interesting sometimes than a broad landscape.

Thanks! I agree, it is like a whole other world. I cant wait to get my extension tubes so I can start taking macro shots.

i like it its neat, i wish i knew what part of the piano that is though :lol:

Thanks! That is the inside where the hammers hit the strings to produce noise.

i agree with you the lighting is great in this image. good detail and it's a nice and sharp photograph.
i like this subject a lot, (piano hammers on strings).

i would crop it to focus on that part. and thus take out the soft foreground.
the two spots in the top right are distracting and should be removed.
also a 30% sepia filter, but i am not sure if that last one is needed.

24698.jpg

Last edited:
Hey beatles, thanks for allowing us to edit your image. Best way to learn is to see other peoples view point, and see what you think.

I saw this as being more effective:

246981.jpg

I wasn't excited by all the dead space to the left of the original.
What do you think?

I like that Jewler

i agree with you the lighting is great in this image. good detail and it's a nice and sharp photograph.
i like this subject a lot, (piano hammers on strings).

i would crop it to focus on that part. and thus take out the soft foreground.
the two spots in the top right are distracting and should be removed.
also a 30% sepia filter, but i am not sure if that last one is needed.

24698.jpg

Thanks for the advice wimfoto! :thumbup:

Hey beatles, thanks for allowing us to edit your image. Best way to learn is to see other peoples view point, and see what you think.

I saw this as being more effective:

246981.jpg

I wasn't excited by all the dead space to the left of the original.
What do you think?

This is more effective! I think my original version left the eye to wander, well, left, making the subject weak. Thanks for your perspective jeweler.:thumbup:

Your welcome.
It's good to see a different viewpoint. :thumbup:

That's all it is. It's neither right or wrong...

Most reactions

Back