TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
mrlowlight.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Infrared
289526040_PSEoR-L.jpg

Is this an actual IR? If so what was your exposure time? With my IR filter I have to take extremely long exposures and with people it just would not work. I do like the shot but wish the horizon was a little straighter.

I can't believe no one has commented on it yet! This is a geat photo! Italy seems like such the perfect place for IR. Thanks for sharing.

Is this an actual IR? If so what was your exposure time? With my IR filter I have to take extremely long exposures and with people it just would not work. I do like the shot but wish the horizon was a little straighter.

yep actual IR using a converted Canon 300D....the horizon is straight, the wide angle and perspective correction gives a slight optical illusion. Glad you like it anyway.

I can't believe no one has commented on it yet! This is a geat photo! Italy seems like such the perfect place for IR. Thanks for sharing.

thanks very much....I agree Italy is an excellent place for IR, it has become my most used medium since I had my back-up camera converted.

It's a really great shot (Italy is just the perfect country for taking photographs), but I'd really like to see a black & white version of the picture with the sepia (??) tones removed!
Or did I miss out on that after the edit?

Sebastian

It's a very nice photo, the crowd is interesting, and the architecture is fascinating to me. I'm distracted like crazy with the technique though, meaning- danm, I gotta try that!

I have a d70 I could convert. Is it a do it yourself conversion? Do I need stuff, like a filter? Is there no going back?

and, is the sepia look the way it comes out?

danm, I gotta try that.

It's a really great shot (Italy is just the perfect country for taking photographs), but I'd really like to see a black & white version of the picture with the sepia (??) tones removed!
Or did I miss out on that after the edit?

Sebastian

heh heh yeah Sebastian, I had it up as a straight b&w but it got no comments and I had edited quite a few images from that day in sepia already....glad you like it.

It's a very nice photo, the crowd is interesting, and the architecture is fascinating to me. I'm distracted like crazy with the technique though, meaning- danm, I gotta try that!

I have a d70 I could convert. Is it a do it yourself conversion? Do I need stuff, like a filter? Is there no going back?

and, is the sepia look the way it comes out?

danm, I gotta try that.

thanks abraxas...no filter required after the conversion, but you can use them if you change your white balance for different subjects. I have left mine at the custom wb done by lifepixel....I do use a CPL most of the time as it really improves contrast control....re sepia, no the images come out red and need to be adjusted in a RAW converter or in PS....or both. I adjust in Adobe Bridge and then in CS3 for particular effects. The conversion process can be done by you, but if you're hamfisted like me forget it....and it is reversable, it just requires the replacement of the IR filter.

Most reactions

Back