Pic in China - C&C

Higgs Boson

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I took this picture a couple hours outside Shanghai a few days ago. Tell me what you think. I used a Rebel XS kit and it's my first posted shot ever. Thanks!

Link

Last edited:
Not sure why it won't show so I linked it, thanks.

The idea is good, but must be a perfect image to be good... looks too dark to me... exposition is all in images like that.

People here don't like following links and generally won't click them. If you want C&C post your picture in here. GL
TJ

Here you go. Right click the image and copy the image location then paste it between
for next time.

As for the image. The pots and the floor are very dark which is unfortunate because there appears to be a lot of texture there that would be be quite dramatic if it stood out more, imo. I like the composition of it.

Edit: Removed image

Last edited:
Kudos for trying to help GFreg, but you're in violation of at least one TPF rule/reg because you're not the copyright owner of the image. The Photo Forum - Photography Discussion Forum - FAQ

If an image isn't yours, leave it alone.

For the OP: http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/...forum-functions-pictoral-guide-using-tpf.html

A reflector, or a speedlight set at low power would have made the pots 'pop'. As it is they're kind of lost in the shadows.

Having more of the the wall on the right in the frame with the corner 1/3 of the way into the frame from the right would have been more effective at leading the viewers eye down to the right most pot.

With added light the Pots could have been given more of the visual weight they deserve being the main subject of the image.

By the way, do you think the LHC will be able to produce a few?

I have a photographer friend (physicist) who works there, CERN that is.

Keith, I had no idea how you brought LHC and CERN into this for a moment. I hadn't paid any attention to the OP's screen name :D

I like the composition and the texture

But his image is OK to edit...;)

My same thought originally but then I made my edit stating it wasn't mine after I thought about the fact that it wasn't my edit. Anyway, pic is down now.
You've got me kind of confused now but just in case:

My mistake, and I apologise if you posted an edited image. :thumbup:

Haha, no need for apoligies Keith. Sorry I violated the rules. Oh, and I even confused myself with that last statement but after rereading it I was too lazy to clarify so I just took down the photo. :lmao:

For the OP, if he ever comes back. Will you be able to reshoot? I really like this photo and would like to see what you could get if you use lighting or a reflector like Keith suggested.

Hey thanks for all the comments. My access is limited as I have been in rural China for a while and am in Beijing now. I will dig into the advice when I return to the states on Monday or Tuesday. Unfortunately, I cannot reshoot this probably ever in my life as these pots live near Tibet and may have been moved by now, lol....

Anyways, I am just visiting China and learning photography. This photo was taken with a rebel xs with no additional equipment or lighting, which must be obvious but I don't think I would know how to use it at this point anyways....

And they will never find the higgs boson, lol!

Thanks again and I will post some other pics later when I get home! :)

btw, i used image tags and tried everything that i know, including things I use to post on other forums but it wouldn't display, hence a link. sorry for the inconvenience.

Most reactions

Back