Pic of downtown Atl........help needed plz

RL.

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
rldigitalmedia.zenfolio.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I took several pics of the downtown cityscape the other day and on all the pictures there was this blueish thing on the image. For ex. it's in the middle of this image. Can anyone help me with what that could be and what I am doing wrong?

Shot at iso 200, 10 sec SS

28268_104910272891939_100001189017071_43019_6116558_n.jpg

Make sure your lens and sensor are clean. Other than that nothing much to do but take a new shot and hope it is gone. A lens with fewer flare will most likely help but I think you were not going for that..

I would use ISO100 for long shutter like that so only light source would pop

^ that won't make a difference.

The blue spot looks like lens flare from the sign.
Post more pictures.

I agree it looks like lens flare. Do you have a UV filter or other protective filter on the lense? Sometimes those will cause flaring, where a "naked" lense will not.

Post more pictures.

I didnt mean to get rid the flare. Just for long shutter night shot like that. ISO 100 is what I use

I was using a "naked lens" but I do have a UV and circular polarizer filters, I'll try them out next time...so that thing is lens flare?

Post more pictures.

I didnt mean to get rid the flare. Just for long shutter night shot like that. ISO 100 is what I use

Proper exposure is proper exposure. Lowering the ISO and longer shutter speed accomplishes the same same exposure as higher ISO and shorter shutter speed. Changing it won't make the lights "pop" as you suggested.

The only change that would make a difference would be aperture, effecting DoF, and star patterns on the lights. Small apertures make the stars more pronounced.

Dak, the suggestion is that having a filter on may be causing the flare.

True, but you forgot that the cars are moving. By lowering your ISO, you make the lines more fine and the lit signs more readable (assuming the shutter speed is about the same). But you have quite a bit more years behind the lens than me. I may be wrong :p. That's what I notice anyway when I was messing around with long shutter and try to write something in the air.

Post more pictures.

Proper exposure is proper exposure. Lowering the ISO and longer shutter speed accomplishes the same same exposure as higher ISO and shorter shutter speed. Changing it won't make the lights "pop" as you suggested.

The only change that would make a difference would be aperture, effecting DoF, and star patterns on the lights. Small apertures make the stars more pronounced.

Dak, the suggestion is that having a filter on may be causing the flare.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back