Pic of the moon tonight. Too bad it was overcast!!

Idaho21

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is one that I shot tonight. The moon was bright, but obscured by clouds and haze. I just added some vignetting. I thought it came out pretty decent. There is some noise present, but I don't think it is really distracting in this pic.
It figures. The moon is supposed to be larger and brighter tonight, but I had overcast!!:(

WinterNight-1.jpg

I was able to snap a picture of the Moon, no clouds here in Arizona. It is not as interesting as yours by all means (I like the atmosphere in your pic) but here it is:

Attachments

• $Moon-01-10-09.jpg
    $Moon-01-10-09.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 73
I had read an article a few days ago talking about the moon being at it's largest and brightest state. I was really looking forward to getting some nice detailed photos. But I got overcast instead. Oh well, what are you going to do?:mrgreen:

Mitica100, that is the type of pic I was looking to get. I like it. Very nice.

I like the shot. If there wasn't any overcast covering the moon, it would have ruined that one. Great feeling from it.

I wish I had overcast skies tonight. After reading about the moon here, I was outside several times and couldn't see the moon anywhere.

Oh well, due to the fact I can't see the moon at all means I'll get some great shots with the dog in the snow. We just had quite a wave of snow blow through up in the north east here. Unfortunately, the dog's ball is out buried in the 12+ inches of snow out in the yard somewhere. She's not too happy about that (the dog...)

Mitica100, that is the type of pic I was looking to get. I like it. Very nice.

Thanks, but it doesn't say much, it's just a snap shot. :lol: I wish I had the time to go in the desert and take a shot of it next to a Saguaro cactus. Oh well...

..sorry, didn't think it was appropriate to post here so i moved it .

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back