Picasa 2, or I can't afford no CS2!

I just got a copy of Paint Shop Pro XI on ebay for about $30. Seems to do most photo editing you might need.

Paintshop Pro is fairly decent...especially if you can pick it up for $30. If I were to pay for software on a budget, that is where my money would be.

I must add, if you don't know what you are doing with Lightroom, you should probably avoid everything else for the time being. Lightroom is one of the easiest, most intuitive programs I have seen. Play with it a lot, it is an excellent program, worth every penny.

I got a free copy of PS Elements with a Wacom product I just bought.

the GIMP fits my budget perfectly :thumbup: It's missing some of the things I would like from PS, but at 600 dollars cheaper I think I can do without.

EDIT: in fact I decided to get a usersig bar to display my economic status

Have these installed on one computer:
Photoshop 6 (picked up used)
Adobe Imageready (came with above)
Jasc Paintshop Pro
Corell 9 (on used computer)
Cosmi Photo Editor (makes nice circle crops, was free)
Matisse (Snappy edition, was free)
Lview Pro 16 (outdated but nice for web images, educational)
Photovista (Panorama Stitching)
Animation Shop 3 (little used, but has a place)
Zoom Browser Ex (Canon)
Albumweb Beta (Free, replaced by One Page Gallery)
Raw Shooter Essentials (Canon)
Picture Shark (watermark software, very nice)
Irfanview Thumbnails (makes pages of thumbnails for the files, free)

I have a few more, in their boxes, basically what came with various cameras, and old "Paintshop" which seems to be a generic name?

I use:

Elements 5
&
Irfanview (FREE!)

Elements 5 does just about everything I need to do, and more than I know how to do with it. :wink:

IrfanView is quick for making web pictures, reduced images and quick edits. No need to use a sledge hammer to drive a carpet tack. It's the best! Also does batch conversion and renaming, which is absolutely necessary for making galleries, thumbnails, and identification that's something better than "IMG_###"

My organizer is where I save files, folder names and how I name them, often by date. I don't want some software that indexes my hard drive, makes useless thumbnails of all of them, tries to index every new image as I download it to the drive and takes up space. Probably just me, but every indexer has been more of an invasion and aggravation, than an aid. I print thumbnail pages, AKA Contact Sheets, by event and file them... on paper. (oh how crude can I be?) :lmao:

On the want list:
HDR Software

I have PS Elements 5.0, but only use it for big editing, (selective color, cloning, or all those cool effects). But nearly all of my photos go through a color-toning process in Picasa before I post them. I find it much quicker than Photoshop, as well as easier to get the colors I want.

anyone use Bibble?? I use it and think its awesome...only $69 too!!!

I use Paint Shop Pro for almost all of my editing needs. I can not afford 'The Big Boy' nor do I have the time to learn it. PSP is far more affordable and much easier to learn. And for me (maybe not others) it is more intuitive.:D

Most reactions

Back