Picasa 8X10 Collages

sarahdavis

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
sarahkdavisphotography.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi, thought I'd kind of introduce myself a little in here by showing a few collages I've been working on lately. I did them in Picasa3, does anyone know if these print out well in the 8X10 format?

It was so easy, it's probably a little too good to be true. But I haven't gotten that far in Paint.net yet for me to do the collages without taking a really long time doing it. Anyway, here are a few - go easy on me, but let me know what you think, ok? Right now these are just for myself and friends/family, etc. I'm giving free stuff to friends of friends type people that I've had shoots with. Gives me more to practice on and they're more likely to come back if I keep using their's as examples and giving them more. :) I haven't tried to sell anything like this yet, I need to see how they look printed 1st. Anyway...If these DID print well, what would you charge for something along these lines?

This one I did with some shots I took of this family this fall at their home....

3192995478_19e5bb6474.jpg

My son Caden's Collage

3192994436_464510e9fc.jpg

My daughter Kinsey's

3192993388_dbb38439c7.jpg

This little boy I watch thru the week, and his family's portraits before Christmas

3192145725_be4a2a376c.jpg

They will print well as long as your DPI is high enough. I usually try and have mine up around 300 DPI when printing them.

What if you weren't printing them yourself but uploading them somewhere? Or at the very least putting them on a cd and taking them to Walmart, etc. Not the greatest example, but I just want to make sure if I give them to people (or eventually sell them!) that they're nice when printed.
Thank you!

What if you weren't printing them yourself but uploading them somewhere? Or at the very least putting them on a cd and taking them to Walmart, etc. Not the greatest example, but I just want to make sure if I give them to people (or eventually sell them!) that they're nice when printed.
Thank you!
No need to put 'em on CD... go to walmart.com

You can upload 'em there, and order prints.

If you have a photo capable printer, you can actually print them at home and see how it comes out.

I find that with my Canon Digital Rebel XS, when printing at home, I have brighten the images. I haven't tried uploading images and having them printed yet, though, so this may or may not hold true.

If you have a photo capable printer, you can actually print them at home and see how it comes out.

I find that with my Canon Digital Rebel XS, when printing at home, I have brighten the images. I haven't tried uploading images and having them printed yet, though, so this may or may not hold true.

Thanks, normally I upload my photos to share with friends & family to Snapfish. If I actually order prints, I usually get them from there also. I just wasn't sure if I uploaded them somewhere like that it would print right. Do the documents keep their original dimensions when you upload them somewhere? Or like if I had my own website with galleries for clients and I uploaded something like this - would it print correctly as long as they ordered the specified size? Hopefully I'm not confusing everyone like crazy since I'm not completely sure what I'm even talking about. *L*

Thanks, normally I upload my photos to share with friends & family to Snapfish. If I actually order prints, I usually get them from there also. I just wasn't sure if I uploaded them somewhere like that it would print right. Do the documents keep their original dimensions when you upload them somewhere? Or like if I had my own website with galleries for clients and I uploaded something like this - would it print correctly as long as they ordered the specified size? Hopefully I'm not confusing everyone like crazy since I'm not completely sure what I'm even talking about. *L*

For my own personal use I send mine to walmart and have very good luck (they are getting to know me at the photolab) with the quality. Would I sell them probably not. Not that the quality isnt good enough by any means just my personal feelings. I use a place called iprintfromhome.com for printing anything I am going to sell or give as a gift. They also have the ability to print on Kodak metalic paper which I really like for some prints.

As far as sizing goes it depends on the image your printing Walmarts system tells you what your shot will look like and gives you the ability to crop if you need to. I save all my work to be printed at 300dpi and then send it to walmart. I havent had an issue when doing so.

For my own personal use I send mine to walmart and have very good luck (they are getting to know me at the photolab) with the quality. Would I sell them probably not. Not that the quality isnt good enough by any means just my personal feelings. I use a place called iprintfromhome.com for printing anything I am going to sell or give as a gift. They also have the ability to print on Kodak metalic paper which I really like for some prints.

As far as sizing goes it depends on the image your printing Walmarts system tells you what your shot will look like and gives you the ability to crop if you need to. I save all my work to be printed at 300dpi and then send it to walmart. I havent had an issue when doing so.

Thanks for the reply - and the link. I'll have to check out iprintfromhome.com I'd never heard of that before.

You should check the calibration of your printer.

Most reactions

Back