Pick a Picture and talk about it..

Status
Not open for further replies.
one thought to consider is where the line of thought "Ask me to fight for someone's unknown political agenda, however, and I'll refuse" if carried out by the vast majority of people would result in there being no military whatsoever. While some people may view this to be a good thing, it would inherently lead to mass chaos.

Besides that, at least here in the US you have the option of whether or not you're going to fight. There are a great number of countries in which if you are male (and sometimes even if you're a female) you are required to serve in the countries military.

But hey, let's not worry about the fact that we have the privilege of not having to fight, let's instead say that the people who choose to fight are nothing but puppets and you would never be like them. Yeah, sounds like a good idea.

Please point out a "picture of war"... I'll wait Mr Rodriguez......

Am I the only that's looking at a picture of American soldiers on what looks like foreign soil? Is common sense not being activated by the description of the OP's post?
You see a photo of Soldiers sitting around listening to someone speak.
It's a photo of Soldiers at a meeting, not Soldiers at war; if you can't tell the difference then you have issues.
You act like he posted a photo of a battlefield, or engagements.... If you want photos of war, I'll find some for you (for comparison/future reference).

I also just want to make this clear... I'm all for people being able to disagree with the choices our leaders make. Make your voice heard, rock the vote/boat, whatever....

But the minute you show you cannot distinguish the difference between people doing their job, serving their country, and putting their lives on the line for the rest of the nation, AND the people who are making the policies.... you are garbage in my book.

This picture does tell a story. To me probably more than most. As a vetran myself and military spouse I know all to well what the Soldiers are going through. I know what those they left behind are feeling every time the phone rings, when someone knocks at the door and how my heart jumps whenever I see an American flag. A picture tells a story although sometimes a different one to each person. Thanks again for your selfless service to our Country.

Let me be the first to say that the military are a bunch of puppets doing there masters bidding..:)

Thanks for saying what I didn't want to say in order to not start a flame war. :thumbup:

Spoken like a couple of cowards. Shocking.

You find it shocking that someone has a view that isn't similar to yours? I'm a coward for not abiding by your standard political views?

I suggest this gets locked before the flaming really starts. :meh:

EDIT: At the photo above, I like it even though I can't put my finger as to why I do.

Woah... hold up a moment, here...

You and Live_free come in a lay down some stinky flame-bait and when your bait gets a few hits you come with a "lock this thread to avoid flaming" bit? Like you're gonna take the high-road and say, "Ooh! I didn't want a flame war!" That's just all sorts of childish and cowardly.

Thanks for keeping it to PMs. The name-calling and lack of self control sure says tons about your maturity and ignorance. ;)
And your laying out flame-bait and then trying to take the high ground with "I said take it to PM so no one gets banned!" Says a lot about your level of maturity and cowardice.

Last edited:
I think the Alamo sign is great and adds to the pic. I do agree that it really looks like everyone is in deep thought! good picture. and thanks for your service!

As for the original photo posted, I think it conveys a lot of emotion through every soldier's face, and it's a great scene because of the story that it obviously tells. I thank you for your service.

As for you bickering children, I'm surprised people can be that stubborn and just not let it go, even though everyone knows they can't be all right all of the time. People have different opinions, get over it.

As for the original photo posted, I think it conveys a lot of emotion through every soldier's face, and it's a great scene because of the story that it obviously tells. I thank you for your service.

As for you bickering children, I'm surprised people can be that stubborn and just not let it go, even though everyone knows they can't be all right all of the time. People have different opinions, get over it.

Great input, well thought out. You clearly wanted to just comment on the original post, and not in anyway stir the pot......:roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back