Pick one thing about photography and explain!

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by Blackbelt94, Jul 15, 2008.

1. Blackbelt94

Blackbelt94 TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    hey all i thought this might make a cool topic and that is since were in the begginer section and we need all the help we can get im asking that you pick one thing on photography ex. exposure, aperture,flash.
    if you know something explain in detail about it atleast this way we can lean and share!
    Here we goooooooooooooo:)

2. manaheim

manaheim Jedi Bunnywabbit Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
  3. prodigy2k7

prodigy2k7 No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos OK to edit
    Okay forgive me if im wrong, but a full stop is like 100% of light right? So if you ever expose by a full stop you are doubling the light that is hitting the sensor?

Shutter and Aperture on most cameras are adjusted up or down normally by 1/3 stops or sometimes 1/2 stops right? Also when you bump the ISO (doubling the number) you are bumping the exposure up a full stop. Ex: 100 -> 200 -> 400 etc...

A full stop for shutter is from 1/250 to 1/500 for example or 1/500 to 1/1000 or 1/1000 to 1/2000

4. manaheim

manaheim Jedi Bunnywabbit Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    Unless I am mistaken 1 full stop is either 1/2 or 2x the light depending on what direction you go, of course.