Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
White Sands, New Mexico.
Contax T2, Velvia.

All comments appreciated.

Tuna

PicnicInDesertWEB.jpg

I find it interesting at first but it's not holding my eye's attention...I can't nail down why but it feels as though it's missing something. I do like the color & the composition though...it has a great feeling of open space.

for me it's very nice! but tell me please what scaner do you use or how you got such a great scan!!!!

i like this a lot! so the wind only blows in one direction there?

mentos_007 said:
but tell me please what scaner do you use or how you got such a great scan!!!!

I'm using an older Nikon scanner (Coolscan IV ED) which is a 2900 dbi scanner with decent dynamic range, color bit depth, etc. The latest Nikon scanners are even higher dbi and are all very nice (and cheaper than what mine cost years ago). The other nice thing about Nikon scanners is built in Digital Ice (I assume Nikon scanners still have this) which is a dust and scratch removal program that one can use, if needed. It's great with older, beat up negs.

Keep in mind that most dedicated film scanners above $400-500 will do a very good job but it won't be enough. All scanned-in negs and slides will always need post processing to look their best.

Tuna

I would love to see this in B&W with a really dark burned sky and high contrast on the desert and chairs.

I don't really like how the picture is cut directly in half. Since both bottom and top don't have much details, I think I would prefer more sky in this one.

One more thing that bothers me, that isn't your fault and really has nothing to do with the picture...why is there only ONE trash can? Shouldn't each bench have a trash can? hmm...????

Anywho, I like this shot. I really like your placement of the benches...it works really well.

Love the colors and the sky looks great. In my opinion I thinks its the three picnic areas that through your eye around the image and makes it harder to look at. I would like to see it with just the front one moved closer and to one side with niether of the other two areas in the photo. But thats just me.

Thanks for all the great comments, guys.

For whatever reason, this slide had severe vignetting on the short sides. I attempted to burn and dodge to even it out as much as possible but it certainly wasn't perfect. Some of you may have noticed the "hot spot" in the middle which is due to uneven light distribution to the short edges, especially on the left side. Vmann and themonko have suggested crops and I had originally considered a square crop but it just didn't feel right. However, I have looked at it again and came up with this, losing some sky to even out the balance I intended originally. We might be losing much of the feeling of space but the composition looks tight - and we definitely lose most of that uneven distribution of light in the image.

Does it work?

Tuna

PicnicInDesertWEBcr.jpg

substitute "desert" with snow and say it's Canada :D and I would probably have believed you. very nice compositon and exposure.

Whoa!!!!!!! Beautiful work!!! Deserts are mysterious and fascinating. You have really captured that feel in this frame. Personally I have never seen a campground quite like that. I am not fond of the cropped version. When you print it could you send me one?

I have to say; Contax T2, what did you rob a bank? I say that with all due respect. I am jealous because that is the camera of my dreams.

craig said:
I have to say; Contax T2, what did you rob a bank? I say that with all due respect. I am jealous because that is the camera of my dreams.

Mint condition silver T2's can be had on ebay for around $250 - $350. Not too shabby...

Tuna

I like the cropped version better...again, I can't explain why but it just feels better to my eye. Fantastic shot either way.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back