jasonkt

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
what can I do better here?

DSCF2691.jpg

DSCF2676.jpg

What's your objective? Are these product shots to advertise, are they art shots, or ?

Overall, I'd say there very good. In the wine shot, I'd move around a little more to the left, and open the image up just a tad (You have to let wine breathe, right?) and perhaps burn in the label just a little. Not much.

In the bottom, the salt is just a bit over-exposed. That's going to be a tricky shot, but I'd try and gain just a little more detail in it. As well, you've got a very harsh blown strip on the bottle upper left, and some reflections in the top of the shot-glass. Those are fairly minor however. Nice work.

Just my $00.02 worth - your milage may vary

~John

Thank you for the insight. I had advertising in mind with these although they are just tests. I am not good yet at really controlling my reflections and the burn strip is something I noticed. Would I correct that simply by changing the position of the lights or do I need some type of diffusion or a flag? With the salt I am thinking of trying to bracket and combine a good exposure on the salt with a good exposure on the bottle. After just trying a better exposure overall.

Would I correct that simply by changing the position of the lights or do I need some type of diffusion or a flag?

My first inclination would be to use a softbox to light that, but a simple position change might do it to.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back