Jaszek

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
michalphoto.tk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
...comment if you want: Michal Jaszewski's Albums
Don't feel like posting them here separately so just go there and comment. Unfortunately I have yo leave this great forum and go to sleep.

yea the lighting sucked and there was little room between the court and the wall so I had to stay in one place.

For most shots I used by 10-20 since my teacher decided we should cover as much focal lenght as possible. Me with 10-20, teacher one 28-70(i think) friend 50 and teacher 2 70-200

I'd say loose the selective coloring, it looks cheesy all the time and especially bleh in sports images.

well these are probably for the yearbook...if not we're shooting a different game and I'll make sure I get the 50 :p. I did the selective coloring because they had a lot of noise so I made them black and white but than wanted to show the school colors, which many people in the school will like since they don't know anything about technical photography details. Just like when I showed my accounting teacher my pictures and I got comments like" That's pretty" or "that's beautiful" but when I look at the shot I see a million things wrong with it.

speaking of 50mm

I just ordered a Nikkor 50mm 1.8 from BHPHOTO. Will be here Tuesday.

I'm so excited. I'm going to a division 1 collegiate game next weekend - so it'll be helpful.

Good luck manual focusing a sporting event.

The selective coloring does not add much of anything to the photos. With selective coloring you want that color and that subject to be STRIKING. The colors here are drab and dull (not your fault).

Also - crank up that ISO man. Your shutter speed was in no way adequate to be shooting sports.

well these are probably for the yearbook...if not we're shooting a different game and I'll make sure I get the 50 :p. I did the selective coloring because they had a lot of noise so I made them black and white but than wanted to show the school colors, which many people in the school will like since they don't know anything about technical photography details. Just like when I showed my accounting teacher my pictures and I got comments like" That's pretty" or "that's beautiful" but when I look at the shot I see a million things wrong with it.

well, it will be Auburn v. Arkansas. Not exactly a game I could get a press pass to, so I'll be taking pictures from my seat.

I might try to walk down in the student section to get some closer shots. But lots of focus adjustments won't be necessary.

For most shots I used by 10-20 since my teacher decided we should cover as much focal lenght as possible. Me with 10-20, teacher one 28-70(i think) friend 50 and teacher 2 70-200

I would not even consider using the 10-20 for sports nowhere near fast enough for sports, you would be better with a 85mmF1.8

well, it will be Auburn v. Arkansas. Not exactly a game I could get a press pass to, so I'll be taking pictures from my seat.

I might try to walk down in the student section to get some closer shots. But lots of focus adjustments won't be necessary.
I went to a Tarheels game earlier this season and the Dean Dome is very picky about "pro" gear at the games. No dSLR with a lens over 50mm was allowed. Even though I had great seats, a 50mm wouldn't have been enough so I didn't bother with the camera. Check their website before going all geared up.

I went to a Tarheels game earlier this season and the Dean Dome is very picky about "pro" gear at the games. No dSLR with a lens over 50mm was allowed. Even though I had great seats, a 50mm wouldn't have been enough so I didn't bother with the camera. Check their website before going all geared up.

I'm an alumni from Arkansas (undergrad and masters)...i'm pretty sure they allow any camera. I'm not looking for just shots of the game tho..but yes, i will try to get close enough, but fans shots are fun too...and its probably my last basketball game before i move to Brazil.

Most reactions

Back