Pics from Cullinan Park (Gray Heron and Sunset)

clarinetJWD

The Naked Spammer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
jwdphotography.com
Well, there aren't too many pictures to take, but I came away with these two :)

Heron.jpg

Warmth.jpg

Vary nice shots! I think the heron in the first one is a Yellow-crowned Night Heron (not really sure why whoever named it chose the 'Yellow-crowned' part, though, as they don't have all that much yellow on their crown :)).

David

I have to preface this by saying that I have now seen a few of your posts and I am always VERY impressed with the shots your taking, the quality and composition especially. I like the crane shot in this series, nice color saturation.

David A Sercel said:
Vary nice shots! I think the heron in the first one is a Yellow-crowned Night Heron (not really sure why whoever named it chose the 'Yellow-crowned' part, though, as they don't have all that much yellow on their crown :)).

David

You are completely right, this is the Yellow-crowned Night Heron. I just didn't get a shot of their plumage (which is yellow) thanks for the correction. :)

kilifila66 said:
I have to preface this by saying that I have now seen a few of your posts and I am always VERY impressed with the shots your taking, the quality and composition especially. I like the crane shot in this series, nice color saturation.

i agree!

Wow.
Really impressive shots.

I checked out your Deviations and they are really impressive also.

I just started putting my deviant site together but I'm a little rough on how to get things arranged on there.

Good work.

-mike

Too bad I missed so many photos in those few days during which I couldn't be around. I would almost have missed these ones, too, which would have been too bad.
Clarinet, your photography is great - in general! These two are no exception! I like that heron. I like herons, anyway, and we don't see them often in my country. I like that you captured this one mid-step, watching your every movement critically. Great.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back