Pics from this evening - C&C plz!

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by photosoto, Jun 8, 2009.

1. photosoto

photosoto TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Outdoor stuff like last time. This was late evening pics from 8:00 on.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. Bitter Jeweler

Bitter Jeweler Been spending a lot of time on here!

Photos OK to edit
    The first 2 are my picks. I am torn between them as a favorite. I like the action shot, but I see some lovely colors developing in the first if you can do some saturation adjustment. Upping the saturation would bring more color into the last 2 also.

Like this:
    I went a little over board, but it shows whats possible. a little contrast and some saturation +++
    [​IMG]

3. musicaleCA

musicaleCA TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Whoa, I love the second. Getting some serious nostalgia and homesickness from that. Back in Ontario (where I'm from before I came to Van for school) we had a large forest in our backyard, and often there were deer back there. Occasionally they'd dart off with their tails up like that.

4. photosoto

photosoto TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    how'd you do that? flickr?

5. slash

slash TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    i like the original better, this looks like a disney cartoon, im looking for tinkerbell flying around...

6. slash

slash TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    played with the contrast, sharpness and exposure a litte, less cartooney. just a quicey though

[​IMG]

7. Arrghh... my EYES!!!

Ok, this is just a tad too saturated for my taste. To me this is like getting the car back from the valet who has turned up my stereo settings all to +10 (Treble, Bass, etc...) Although that might work for certain images, I would suggest that something as delicate as deer in a meadow might be better with a more subtle treatment...

8. My version:

Desaturated, except the deer via mask, deer sharpened using layer mask, background contrast enhanced with a litte dodging and burning.

No better or worse, just the way I would handle a nature shot.

$3609198695_7c653aa96f_b.jpg

9. photosoto

photosoto TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    thanks for the replies. May I ask what draws you to the first two deer pictures (or second two if you like) or what you like about them?

10. docphotog

docphotog TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I also love the first two, more so the first one however... I love the low-to the ground perspective and the forest sloping up in the background. AWESOME! AWESOME AWESOME! I hope it's on flickr, I would like to favorite it!

11. People are drawn visually to living things. Must be the hunters in us. The other images are nice, especially the fourth one, but they're not that special. The camera exposed for the sky, leaving the trees a silhouette. It's not bad, I like the wind-swept look of the trees, but the tilted angle doesn't blow me away. It's not deliberate, which is something I very much look for in landscape photography. To me, "landscape photography" as a discipline (and it's urban relative "architectural photography") are very much about craft and discipline. These are matters of taste, of course... which evolve with one's own relationship to the art and craft of photography.

12. photosoto

photosoto TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    thanks!