Pics from this evening - C&C plz!

photosoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Outdoor stuff like last time. This was late evening pics from 8:00 on.
3609198695_7c653aa96f_b.jpg
3610007640_81427e6bb6_b.jpg
3609998390_105aa7133d_b.jpg
3609995246_c4b51ea2dd_b.jpg

The first 2 are my picks. I am torn between them as a favorite. I like the action shot, but I see some lovely colors developing in the first if you can do some saturation adjustment. Upping the saturation would bring more color into the last 2 also.

Like this:
I went a little over board, but it shows whats possible. a little contrast and some saturation +++
deer.jpg

Whoa, I love the second. Getting some serious nostalgia and homesickness from that. Back in Ontario (where I'm from before I came to Van for school) we had a large forest in our backyard, and often there were deer back there. Occasionally they'd dart off with their tails up like that.

The first 2 are my picks. I am torn between them as a favorite. I like the action shot, but I see some lovely colors developing in the first if you can do some saturation adjustment. Upping the saturation would bring more color into the last 2 also.

Like this:
I went a little over board, but it shows whats possible. a little contrast and some saturation +++
deer.jpg

how'd you do that? flickr?

Like this:
deer.jpg
i like the original better, this looks like a disney cartoon, im looking for tinkerbell flying around...

played with the contrast, sharpness and exposure a litte, less cartooney. just a quicey though

3609198695_7c653aa96f_b.jpg

Like this:
deer.jpg

Arrghh... my EYES!!!

Ok, this is just a tad too saturated for my taste. To me this is like getting the car back from the valet who has turned up my stereo settings all to +10 (Treble, Bass, etc...) Although that might work for certain images, I would suggest that something as delicate as deer in a meadow might be better with a more subtle treatment...

My version:

Desaturated, except the deer via mask, deer sharpened using layer mask, background contrast enhanced with a litte dodging and burning.

No better or worse, just the way I would handle a nature shot.

$3609198695_7c653aa96f_b.jpg

thanks for the replies. May I ask what draws you to the first two deer pictures (or second two if you like) or what you like about them?

I also love the first two, more so the first one however... I love the low-to the ground perspective and the forest sloping up in the background. AWESOME! AWESOME AWESOME! I hope it's on flickr, I would like to favorite it!

People are drawn visually to living things. Must be the hunters in us. The other images are nice, especially the fourth one, but they're not that special. The camera exposed for the sky, leaving the trees a silhouette. It's not bad, I like the wind-swept look of the trees, but the tilted angle doesn't blow me away. It's not deliberate, which is something I very much look for in landscape photography. To me, "landscape photography" as a discipline (and it's urban relative "architectural photography") are very much about craft and discipline. These are matters of taste, of course... which evolve with one's own relationship to the art and craft of photography.

I also love the first two, more so the first one however... I love the low-to the ground perspective and the forest sloping up in the background. AWESOME! AWESOME AWESOME! I hope it's on flickr, I would like to favorite it!

thanks!

PS, to all, with my disney rendition, I said I went a little overboard, I was just showing how the OP how much color could pop, from the original that was kinda flat.
Slashes is better. I like what Iron did, but it still seems a little flat to me.

Most reactions

Back