Pics I took in the mountains today. C&C please!!

Idaho21

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I took quite a lot of pics today in the mountains. I chose these seven for C&C. Let me know what you think of them. Thanks a lot.

I did notice that #6 is soft around the edges. I was using my Minolta Maxxum 100-300mm at maximum zoom.

RiverBend.jpg

MooninBroadDaylight.jpg

AndersonRanchDam.jpg

DoeintheSnow.jpg

EyeContact.jpg

LookingOffintotheDistance.jpg

OldBarn.jpg

Everything is centered for the most part. They all look pretty much properly exposed and the colors are great.

I cropped some of them and adjusted the contrast and color saturation a little bit on a few. I really didn't make any drastic adjustments on any of them though.

Nice pics. Looks cold. haha but a good day to shoot. I like the animal pictures and the last one also caught my eye, but I dont know if its me but it looks a little OOF. I think its me. either ways, good pics.

Looks cold. haha but a good day to shoot.

Yeah the day started off at 8 degrees F, and by midday reached 18 degrees F. It was pretty cold out there.:D

The dam in pic #3 is Anderson Ranch dam. The river below is the South Fork of the Boise River. I took all of my pics today along the river. This area is about 70 miles NE of Boise.

I am always looking to improve, and I noticed that a couple of people mentioned that they were centrally composed.
Is this a bad thing to do? If so, what could I have done differently?

Just as an example, say pic #5, should I maybe have taken the pic with the deer near the corner of the pic? Please explain.

This is a quick crop job just to show an example of what I think you guys were getting at.
EyeContact-1.jpg

Last edited:
I like 2 the most especially with the half moon in there it looks amazing but I have to say I really like all of them I think mountain landscapes are the best! Great Job

Thanks. This was the first chance I've had to take some outdoor pics with my new a200, and I was very pleased with the results.
This is my first DSLR. I have only shot with P&S in the past, and I just wasn't satisfied with the overall image quality that I was getting.

I like #3 but would lik it alittle more if the lake was more in the pic. just my .02

Awesome pics... I envy your opportunities...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back