pics of a fire i ran into yesterday (not 56K friendly)

The shots are great. A couple are better than great. The two with the white hat are outstanding.

Firefighters love photos of themselves. This would be a great time to stop by the station and give a few away and maybe these guys will love you so much they offer you a ride along or a chance to photograph them more often. They will also use photos for training, mistakes, dangers, things they don't see themselves because they get to busy.

I will point out in the #2 photo two things everyone should be aware of if you stop by and shoot a fire.

I see three of what appears to be compressed gas cylinders, maybe propane, and not a lot of water being put on them. I'm going to guess they were either moved or more water was put on them because you show no after explosion shots.

The other is the hanging powerlines. I watched a crew from a Seattle news show walk right into a set of powerlines at a fire I was working because they failed to look around. The power had just been cut at the pole or they would have had a real bad day. Be cautious and look around. Sorry but it's the fire guy coming out in me.

The photos are great and there are many fire related magazines that may be interested in a couple of them.

wow Jon. WOW. Amazing. I'm gonna second (or third, or fifteenth) the opinion that you should send these into the local newspaper, they are sure to want them.

JM, I agree with everyone else..the last one is the best...but when Kelox and I talked you out of smashing that window in Dupont, I thought you agreed no more criminal actions for good pictures...arson counts as a criminal action, dude!!

Love 'em, amazing shots. I agree that the fire guys would be very impressed if you let them peek at your work!

dang dude, cool shots!!! love the second one :thumbup:

Neat coverage. 6 is my absolute favourite from this series. :)
I also like 7.

I have to agree with fredcwdoc. You have to keep an eye on things when you shoot. I once was out shooting during a lightning storm and to get a better angle on the building I was using in a forground I went to the top of parking ramp. Had my metal tripod standing up on one of the tallest structures in the area....and as I left I thought to myself....."Wow....That was really dumb."

It is great series though. Sometimes you have to take a risk to get images as great as yours.

Very nice series! I really, really like the last one. I agree with anicole - there's definitely a story in just that one photo!

JM, these are wonderful shots. They show so much emotion with the fire fighters and wonderful movement of the smoke. I really love #'s 5 (because I can almost see the smoke and fire moving), 6 & 9 (because they are just really sharp and wonderful)

Most reactions

Back