Pics of my new shop.

@ Plato, I don't really have much stock to sell for a while. My business is mainly wholesale repair/manufacture, serving area retailers. Over time I will have more to put in the showcase.
I plan on advertising for custom design in an attempt to sway the business more in that direction, but for now I have my bread and butter.

This is a very exciting time for me and just wanted to share a bit. A lot of work went into this, and it's a relief to be done with the set up. At 41, my dream has arrived.

Yes, I am working out what photos I want to decorate with. It's a small space, so it can quickly get 'cluttered'. I am thinking of themed sets to rotate out. I am also working out what I can display in the main hallway for sale.

Thanks for all the luck and best wishes, I appreciate it. I know I will have to work my but off for a while, but honestly, after this last month of insanity, I can't wait to get back to regular photo sessions.

Tom, yeah, I need to get some better images of my work to put up.
I only have old pics, before I learned about white balance and stuff. What I have can't be printed large either.

3887389679_1204b88426_o.jpg

Above was a ring made for a construction worker, who wanted to use all the diamonds he had. It has white gold behind the yellow X's to create depth and reflections. The lower was a pendant I made for a competition.

Below is a more recent design, and better white balance, and poor focus :lol:. Taken with a Nikon CoolPix 990, I think.
3887389587_5ef6a271a9_o.jpg

Last edited:
Bitter...

I can't see your photos right now (they're blocked) but your text sounds like you're on the right track. Again, I wish you the best. I'll look at the pics tonight.

Edit>>> Damn! You're good.

Last edited:
Congratz man I hope it all works out for ya..............

WOW! That diamond pave is spectacular. I'd love to know how a piece like that is made (casting etc.) When you get time to catch your breath, you can have lot's of fun with your camera. TB

oh wow
congrats :)

Good things come to those who wait :D
41 is (fairly) young for starting up this type of business I would think, unless you have snobby parents who can start it up for you when your like 20 :p
ack well, its inheritance for your kids :)

hope it works out well

So... where exactly is this shop?

:D

OHHH.. you do jewelery.. I've been sitting here for the past few days trying to figure out what the heck the business was... i guess that makes your name make sense.. i assumed it had something to do with photography... fail for me!

good luck!! looks like you're going to do a great job!

Most reactions

Back