Pics that no one else likes

Didn't get much response to this wherever I posted it (maybe here, don't remember).

cactus stems 060513-2a.jpg

I got tons of em. Most people hate my work. I should say most 'forum photogs' that is.

'Order Women Like Pizza' is well hated.

Here are a few of the comments..

"It looks horrible."
"It's a hack composite, looks like it was done for some Sunday paper magazine."
"Looks like the view through the bottom of my shot glass after my fourth tequila at Cozumel."
"15 seconds of my life I will never get back. What a waste."

(nsfw)

Daniel D.Teoli Jr - Current Work : Photo

You had an a-hole here that got banned. I don't recall his name. Never paid any attention to the S-head.

He hated 'The Lost Princess' as well as all my work.

Sure he took nice clean shots..of nothing. He is a lousy Flickr photog or a catalog photog at the best. But he is going nowhere with his work.

I tried giving some suggestions to the Eric Kim forum. One guy told me I should trash all my work. They got the blind leading the blind over there. You try and say something to help em and the Kim deletes your comments.

"I think somebody should tell you: your shots are very boring, nothing is happening there, just very normal snapshots, and you are trying to make them look interesting by shooting with a wide angle and HDR...they are all trash."

'Carla and Babydoll' is in a number or museum's collections. Why the hell would I want to trash it?

I don’t pay much attention to the critics. Over the past 46 years I have heard all sorts of criticism about my photography...well fudge the critics. Every one of my crappy pix is in some museums collection.

"I don't like color."
"I don't like BW."
"I don't like HDR."
"I don't selective color."
"I don't like diffusion."
"I don't like Hyper-Real HDR, it is too cartoonish."
"Your photos are too contrasty."
"Your photos are too grainy."
"Why don't you take pictures of something pretty like flowers or a sunset instead of those ugly things."
"Your trying to make something out of nothing."
"Your photos are too sensational."
"Don't photograph the homeless."
"Don't photograph kids without their parents permission."
"I find photos of people boring."
"Your not a very good photographer."
'Your exploiting the homeless."
'Your photo doesn’t work for me."
"I don't like flower photographs they are boring."
"What were you trying to say?"
"Digital photography is not real photography."
"I find it disturbing you think your work is museum worthy."
"It is over processed."
"Don't take pictures of people in public without their permission."
"Don't photograph anorexics."
"Cover up her breasts."
"Your photos are staged."
"I don't like your photo because it leaves nothing for the imagination."
“Never crop your photos. If you have to crop a photo it wasn’t meant to be taken.”
"Your photography is vernacular."
"You should trash that photo."
"I don't like fisheye photos."
“Don’t shoot digital, shoot film, digital is no good.”
"Don't send unsolicited photos to museums."
"She (the person in the photo) is a drunk…she is fat…she is an attention whore…she needs to go to the gym…she is trailer trash."
"Your self-centered"
'Your self-absorbed"
'Your inconsiderate"
"I don't like wide-angle distortion."
"Your a phony...your all talk...you don't know how to take photographs." (When I don’t send in any photos to the photo forums.)
"Your a troll...your looking for attention...your trying to boost your website traffic...your an egomaniac." (When I do send in photos to the photo forums.)
"Your goofy"
“I’d never shoot digital. If and when film becomes unavailable I will give up photography.”
"I think somebody should tell you: your shots are very boring, nothing is happening there, just very normal snapshots, and you are trying to make them look interesting by shooting with a wide angle and HDR...they are all trash."

"Yes...Yes...Yes...photography is like that and there's no maybes. All the maybes go to the trash. There is a tremendous enjoyment in saying yes, even if it is for something you hate. It is an affirmation...Yes!" ~ Cartier-Bresson

Last edited:
I took this a few years ago and nobody else has ever been very keen on it:
imm012_N12.jpg

I took this a few weeks ago and got no response lol.
a50ec5ba9df903a45e7d1f367498d06f.jpg

I remember that photo, Rick. I know I liked it but can't remember if I commented.

Rick, you must have posted at a bad time - this is a good one. I'd be tempted to crop some of the stuff on the right under the last arch, but that's probably just me.

I got tons of em. Most people hate my work. I should say most 'forum photogs' that is.

'Order Women Like Pizza' is well hated.

Here are a few of the comments..

"It looks horrible."
"It's a hack composite, looks like it was done for some Sunday paper magazine."
"Looks like the view through the bottom of my shot glass after my fourth tequila at Cozumel."
"15 seconds of my life I will never get back. What a waste."

(nsfw)

You had an a-hole here that got banned. I don't recall his name. Never paid any attention to the S-head.

He hated 'The Lost Princess' as well as all my work.

Sure he took nice clean shots..of nothing. He is a lousy Flickr photog or a catalog photog at the best. But he is going nowhere with his work.

I tried giving some suggestions to the Eric Kim forum. One guy told me I should trash all my work. They got the blind leading the blind over there. You try and say something to help em and the Kim deletes your comments.

'Carla and Babydoll' is in a number or museum's collections. Why the hell would I want to trash it?

I don’t pay much attention to the critics. Over the past 46 years I have heard all sorts of criticism about my photography...well fudge the critics. Every one of my crappy pix is in some museums collection.

"I don't like color."
"I don't like BW."
"I don't like HDR."
"I don't selective color."
"I don't like diffusion."
"I don't like Hyper-Real HDR, it is too cartoonish."
"Your photos are too contrasty."
"Your photos are too grainy."
"Why don't you take pictures of something pretty like flowers or a sunset instead of those ugly things."
"Your trying to make something out of nothing."
"Your photos are too sensational."
"Don't photograph the homeless."
"Don't photograph kids without their parents permission."
"I find photos of people boring."
"Your not a very good photographer."
'Your exploiting the homeless."
'Your photo doesn’t work for me."
"I don't like flower photographs they are boring."
"What were you trying to say?"
"Digital photography is not real photography."
"I find it disturbing you think your work is museum worthy."
"It is over processed."
"Don't take pictures of people in public without their permission."
"Don't photograph anorexics."
"Cover up her breasts."
"Your photos are staged."
"I don't like your photo because it leaves nothing for the imagination."
“Never crop your photos. If you have to crop a photo it wasn’t meant to be taken.”
"Your photography is vernacular."
"You should trash that photo."
"I don't like fisheye photos."
“Don’t shoot digital, shoot film, digital is no good.”
"Don't send unsolicited photos to museums."
"She (the person in the photo) is a drunk…she is fat…she is an attention whore…she needs to go to the gym…she is trailer trash."
"Your self-centered"
'Your self-absorbed"
'Your inconsiderate"
"I don't like wide-angle distortion."
"Your a phony...your all talk...you don't know how to take photographs." (When I don’t send in any photos to the photo forums.)
"Your a troll...your looking for attention...your trying to boost your website traffic...your an egomaniac." (When I do send in photos to the photo forums.)
"Your goofy"
“I’d never shoot digital. If and when film becomes unavailable I will give up photography.”

"Yes...Yes...Yes...photography is like that and there's no maybes. All the maybes go to the trash. There is a tremendous enjoyment in saying yes, even if it is for something you hate. It is an affirmation...Yes!" ~ Cartier-Bresson

I guess you will have to add me to a new group that likes your photography. I think that "Order women like pizza" is a dead on representation of Vegas. I remember that sight of getting handed one of those cards. I like the perspective of the fisheye.

Most reactions

Back