Pics with new Camera C&C welcomed.

HotWire

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Aloha everyone!

Hope everyone had a great weekend. Thought I would post some pics I took today with my Nikon D5000 I got for Christmas. Let me know what you think as I am very new to taking photo's.

4286574717_c4d6fe1023.jpg

4286573797_38bcde7213.jpg

4286571335_4fcd3fcb86.jpg

4286569387_df7e704d4f.jpg

4287304426_99cf5e82c0.jpg

4287302652_2d3e4e0ff8.jpg

4287300744_7a52ddb287.jpg

Last edited:
Oh the photos of the guys surfing are really cool if you zoom in on them as the camera picked up alot of clsoe detail. I was really amazed. You can actually see the guys expression on their faces.

This is another thing about photography.
Living in such an exotic place gives your images that extra WOW factor.

Agreed on the surfers, if you have a good zoom lens, try and get close up shots of them.

3rd flower shot could use some rule of thirds. and maybe use a macro.

just my opinions.

This is another thing about photography.
Living in such an exotic place gives your images that extra WOW factor.

Agreed on the surfers, if you have a good zoom lens, try and get close up shots of them.

3rd flower shot could use some rule of thirds. and maybe use a macro.

just my opinions.

The best 'zoom' type lens I have right now is a 55-200 lens. I would love to get a much better one but they are so expensive lol. So atleast for now I'm using the kit lens.

I chose to put medium sized images on here since the original ones are so big, however with the original size the surfers 'pop' much more. I'll have to read about the rule of thirds though lol. Thanks for the comments.

You are new to taking photos? Wow you have a great eye. :) Can't wait to see your work when you get more experience. :)

Mahalo for your kind words. I hope I can learn alot from here and I def need to do some reading. I just went out there and started shooting lol. The third photo I used the auto setting but the others I tried my hand at manual so Im glad they werent horrible :lmao:

I'm liking the first shot. :thumbup: Congrats on the new camera

Thanks beatles... It took me maybe 10 shots before getting one I liked. Camera didnt like to focus where I wanted it too for the first few shots.

Great shots, you have a good eye. :thumbup:

In my opinion the strongest shots are the first and last. To me they have good composition and interesting subjects. Nice work!

Thanks everyone for the replies. Hawaii is a great place to visit and even live for a while but ultimately I'll head back to the mainland lol. The 2nd photo is of a place called temple valley. It is a pretty amazing place and Ill be taking more photos of it soon. I actually took it while in the drive through at Mc Donalds lol.

Most reactions

Back