Picture Framing Software?

becmaclean

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm not sure that this is the right place to post this but, I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations on good software for photo framing.

Thank you:hug::

I use photoshop and create my frames using several layers so it's easy to change the colour to suit a different image or personal opinion.
it can be quite time consuming my way and you need to think about the size of your image and the final size you are aiming for but it's so easy to edit and it also means it can be used for other images.

If you want to spend some money try the Photo Frame 3 from onone software. I find this very easy to use if you dont want to play around with layers and photoshop.

One of the smartest reason to learn to do adequate frames in PS is that you eventually will have pictures that need to be cropped to a non-standard size but must be eventually printed and framed physically.

By learning how to make a frame with photoshop then you can take your 5 x 8 picture, add a frame in photoshop so that the picture will end up fitting and looking good in a standard 8x10 matte and frame without having a custom matte cut and a custom frame constructed.

That in itself will save 50 USD a picture.

photoimpact is quite easy and fun to use

If you are looking software that use real frames, mouldings and mats try Custom Framer software from SEE-IT Corporation. A 45 day trial is available.

If you are looking software that uses real frames, mouldings and mats try Custom Framer software from SEE-IT Corporation. A 45 day trial is available at www.artframer.com

One of the smartest reason to learn to do adequate frames in PS is that you eventually will have pictures that need to be cropped to a non-standard size but must be eventually printed and framed physically.

By learning how to make a frame with photoshop then you can take your 5 x 8 picture, add a frame in photoshop so that the picture will end up fitting and looking good in a standard 8x10 matte and frame without having a custom matte cut and a custom frame constructed.

That in itself will save 50 USD a picture.

Excellent point. You can even make it look like a double/triple matte by adding drop shadows, etc. I can see this working well for smaller framed prints, up to 11 x 14 or so. So simple and yet I had not even thought about doing it. Thanks for the tip.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back