Picture from Lake Como, Italy

AUZambo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I just got back from a 2 week vacation to Italy and snapped off this shot at Lake Como. I wanted to get both the tunnel thing & the boats exposed properly but couldn't figure out how...so I took two pics exposing each and merged them together with photoshop. Here are the original two shots as well as the final one. I realize this could have been avoided by using a flash, but I didn't have my flash with me at the time. I also didn't carry a tripod on the trip, which would have also helped some.

Anyway, what advice do y'all have to make the final shot look a little more realistic. It looks ok to me, but there's something that doesn't quite seem right.

dsc01999webnd8.jpg

dsc02000webnh5.jpg

boatswebri4.jpg

i can't put my finger on what makes the final shot look a little bit... well... "photoshopped".

it may just need to be softened a little around the far edges of the opening to disguise the merging.

it's driving me crazy that i can't pinpoint what is missing.

oh well... someone on here smarter than me can help, i'm sure.

i really do like the pic, by the way.

I think that the stone walls would be lightest right adjacent to the opening thus.
I would go back to the original layered file and lighten the interior walls until it looked as if
the light actually comes from the opening.
Additionally the outside doesn't have the intensity I would somehow expect.

I do not care for the edit that Flash Harry did. I like your original composition better. Atleast as far as color saturation.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back