Picture *Not Work Safe*

Discussion in 'The Creative Corner' started by Hertz van Rental, Feb 12, 2005.

1. Hertz van Rental

Hertz van Rental We're supposed to post photos?

Managed to recover another one of my airbrush illustrations - this one was done as an illustration for some magazine or other in the 80's.

[​IMG]

2. mygrain

mygrain Friend to nose goblins everywhere

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Damn Hertz!!! Your anatomy work is really great!!! Dude you are a true Jack of All trades!!! Bravo!

3. Hertz van Rental

And another bump.
    This one is, believe it or not, one of my favourite pieces and is on my wall. It's a mystery why it only got one comment... ;)

4. Battou

Battou No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    lol you bumpd it just seconds after I got done recieving anatomy advice form some on over IM. lol

The Muscle tone looks..masculine almost to me.

5. Hertz van Rental

Female body builders are interesting to draw ;)

6. Battou

Battou No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I can understand that POV, subtle variation in body muscle build structure proves to be a challenge.

7. Antarctican

Antarctican No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos OK to edit
    I don't find the muscle tone masculine (the model just has buff arms and a nice butt) - but it's the thick neck and the androgynous look to the mouth/chin that makes me look twice and wonder. Certainly piques one's interest.

A skillful piece for sure. :hail: I'm fascinated by how you've drawn the arm...it looks fantastic...shapely, and so nicely shaded.

8. Antarctican

Photos OK to edit
    This is probably a stupid question, but what exactly do you mean by "done as an illustration for a magazine"? Was it in the magazine in this form? Or was it like a story-board type of thing?

Stupid question number 2: I take it you had a live model posing for it? Is it possible to do this type of drawing without a live model? I have no skill at drawing, so I was just wondering.

9. Tangerini

Tangerini TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I like this piece, you really are a marvel with shading and perspecive. It's the shading in her stocking that really fascinate me.

I also disagree with the comment about "manly muscles." She looks shapely and toned, not muscle-bound...

As Anty mentioned the neck has me wondering as does the jawline.

oh and I'm glad Anty's not afraid to ask some stupid questions especially since I was wondering the same.

10. Hertz van Rental

I did some work as a Graphic Designer before I committed to Photography (I even applied to some Colleges to do Illustration) - and I shared a house for a while with a Graphic Designer who worked for Hipgnosis and Stiff records. People would see my stuff, word would get passed around, someone would say they liked something and could I do something similar etc?
    As soon as money was promised I always said yes - even when I was being a Photographer (I still feel that using a camera is cheating in some way...).
    Some fetish magazine wanted me to do an illustration for an article on something or other*. I came up with this image and they liked it.
    The face and neck weren't important (and I lost it a bit on the neck I admit) but I thought about the face and decided that only the mouth was important - for obvious reasons - and that otherwise the figure should be anonymous. So no face.
    I also wanted the figure to be a bit androgynous. I had played games like that before in pictures: is it a man or a woman? I can't tell.
    I liked the idea of men getting turned on by a sexy image that only I knew was a man. I have a funny sense of humour at times.
    For this one I had a very good friend (female) who went to the gym a lot and she let me take some pictures of her as source material.
    And to save further questions, her hands are resting on a table covered with a cloth - but again it wasn't important so I merely put in a suggestion.
    And she didn't have tan lines. I put them in as I thought it was cute and it was making a reference to an old add - I think it was for suntan lotion where a girl has her pants pulled down by a dog. I can see the image in my head but I can't remember what it was for.
    *edit* I remember now CLICKY

*I think spanking had something to do with it...

11. Alex_B

Alex_B No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    wow, very interesting. Some talent of yours I did not know about yet :)

is there a story about the missing face?

12. Antarctican

Photos OK to edit

^^^Yeah, the explanation is about a third of the way down Hertz's explanation in post 10