Picture *Not Work Safe*

Hertz van Rental

We're supposed to post photos?
Reaction score
Managed to recover another one of my airbrush illustrations - this one was done as an illustration for some magazine or other in the 80's.

lean.jpg

Damn Hertz!!! Your anatomy work is really great!!! Dude you are a true Jack of All trades!!! Bravo!

And another bump.
This one is, believe it or not, one of my favourite pieces and is on my wall. It's a mystery why it only got one comment... ;)

And another bump.
This one is, believe it or not, one of my favourite pieces and is on my wall. It's a mystery why it only got one comment... ;)

lol you bumpd it just seconds after I got done recieving anatomy advice form some on over IM. lol

The Muscle tone looks..masculine almost to me.

I don't find the muscle tone masculine (the model just has buff arms and a nice butt) - but it's the thick neck and the androgynous look to the mouth/chin that makes me look twice and wonder. Certainly piques one's interest.

A skillful piece for sure. :hail: I'm fascinated by how you've drawn the arm...it looks fantastic...shapely, and so nicely shaded.

This is probably a stupid question, but what exactly do you mean by "done as an illustration for a magazine"? Was it in the magazine in this form? Or was it like a story-board type of thing?

Stupid question number 2: I take it you had a live model posing for it? Is it possible to do this type of drawing without a live model? I have no skill at drawing, so I was just wondering.

I like this piece, you really are a marvel with shading and perspecive. It's the shading in her stocking that really fascinate me.

I also disagree with the comment about "manly muscles." She looks shapely and toned, not muscle-bound...

As Anty mentioned the neck has me wondering as does the jawline.

oh and I'm glad Anty's not afraid to ask some stupid questions especially since I was wondering the same.

I did some work as a Graphic Designer before I committed to Photography (I even applied to some Colleges to do Illustration) - and I shared a house for a while with a Graphic Designer who worked for Hipgnosis and Stiff records. People would see my stuff, word would get passed around, someone would say they liked something and could I do something similar etc?
As soon as money was promised I always said yes - even when I was being a Photographer (I still feel that using a camera is cheating in some way...).
Some fetish magazine wanted me to do an illustration for an article on something or other*. I came up with this image and they liked it.
The face and neck weren't important (and I lost it a bit on the neck I admit) but I thought about the face and decided that only the mouth was important - for obvious reasons - and that otherwise the figure should be anonymous. So no face.
I also wanted the figure to be a bit androgynous. I had played games like that before in pictures: is it a man or a woman? I can't tell.
I liked the idea of men getting turned on by a sexy image that only I knew was a man. I have a funny sense of humour at times.
For this one I had a very good friend (female) who went to the gym a lot and she let me take some pictures of her as source material.
And to save further questions, her hands are resting on a table covered with a cloth - but again it wasn't important so I merely put in a suggestion.
And she didn't have tan lines. I put them in as I thought it was cute and it was making a reference to an old add - I think it was for suntan lotion where a girl has her pants pulled down by a dog. I can see the image in my head but I can't remember what it was for.
*edit* I remember now CLICKY

*I think spanking had something to do with it...

wow, very interesting. Some talent of yours I did not know about yet :)

is there a story about the missing face?

^^^Yeah, the explanation is about a third of the way down Hertz's explanation in post 10

Sorry, I should have realized you were distracted! Or that you weren't reading the articles, just looking at the pictures. :lmao:

Sorry, I should have realized you were distracted! Or that you weren't reading the articles, just looking at the pictures. :lmao:

I haven an excuse here.. i am sick and on drugs! ;)

Most reactions

Back